• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Silver EP3 CTR 2002

This is my first EP3 CTR which brought at St Michael's in Sittingbourne. Car came with 96,000 miles with 9 service stamps and shed loads paperwork. Does have 10 previous owners which didn't really bother me.

I've came from a Seat Leon 1.8T but had to sell her due to work, but that never worked out and got a different job which is only 5 minutes down road and noticed the EP3 so ended up getting her.

Did alot of work on the Leon, here is my previous car:

Now here's my EP3:

Just ordered some decent oil, oil filter and plugs from Tegiwa.

Still need to get gearbox oil, coolant and skunk2 magnetic plugs.

At the moment I've put a cheap air filter on just for the noise and OH my god what a different makes me smile everytime. Going to save up and get Gruppe M airbox.

Plans:

Engine:
Gruppe M airbox
Toda Racing exhaust manifold
FUJITSUBO Legalis R Exhaust

Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust
Kpro Ecu
RBC or skunk2 inlet manifold

Want to achive 250bhp and then will move onto supercharge/turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably get a lot of stick from label whores but... dont bother with a gruppe M. Just get a tegiwa rep its the same thing just cheaper

Hi mate car looks very nice, with the mods your planning, your car will certainly benefit from a FRSU too. Look forward to hearing more

Got some drilled/grooved discs today for a bargin.

The rust I'm not bothered about as i know it will go away once I've started using them.

replaced gearbox oil @ 100,348 miles. Also had to get new tyre has had a bulge in tyre.

Received my type r owner stickers today and fitted.

Went to replace rear dics and couldn't wind piston back in, I think it's siezed so a rebuild or new caliper on list for next part.

I removed the OEM backbox as was waiting for Spoon N1 Rep catback but that took awhile so had no backbox on for like 2 weeks and couldn't put OEM backbox on as snapped one of the bolts and was also waiting for new bolts....

Took a video with no backbox through tunnel, sounded louder in person....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2gZELzPPg&feature=youtu.be

Received Spoon N1 Rep catback and fitted.

It's quiet! I miss the loudness as in Vtec it sounded unreal..... Even with music on at volume 40 which is loud, could still hear exhaust noise.

you doing it wrong. I had the same problem. Get a impact screwdriver. Hit the head of the screw a few times with a round hammer to loosen it slightly, then use impact screwdriver to remove. Or drill them out

Received all my parts:

ATE Blue Racing Fluid (Cheaper than OEM)

Racetec Braided hoses

Rebuild Kit (Seals/Piston)

Caliper Paint

Last edited by a moderator:
What made you go for racetec hoses, there price makes me wonder on quality comparred to HEL and Goodridge :S

Back