• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My SS EP3.

Thought it was about time I started a members car thread. My name is Shawn and as the title says I have a satin silver EP3. I haven't got alot of plans for the car as of yet but that might change the more I use this forum, as others have said you start to get the modifying bug.
The car has a custom exhaust, by previous owner, and a pioneer head unit, other than that it is completely standard.

A few small things I have done to the car are removing the interior door handles and resraying them to get rid of the scratch marks, refurbed the gear knob as that was scratched to fook, and removed the stereo to fit a wire for my i-pod, this is where I discovered my first problem.
The previous owner had 6x9 speakers in the parcel shelf and had removed them before I bought the car, when I took the Stereo out I found the dodgy wiring, he had sellotaped wires together and snipped them so short that I had a hard time sorting it out, I have put proper connectors on for now but will need to buy a new wiring loom and do a proper job soon. This also means the rear speakers aren't connected but isn't a big problem for now.

Decided to service my car myself today, straight forward job as most of you will know, but I have never done it myself before, its not simple though when it appears it hasnt been serviced for a long time and the sump plug wont come off! I should have stopped here and took it the garage with my limited skills but persevered and got it off, oil now everywhere and I cant get the filter off! I tried the screwdriver trick but it slipped and put a hole in the side so had no choice but to keep going. After a phone call to a mate with a car and a trip to halfords I got the thing off, 4 hours later and covered in oil im all finished. Saved myself some money and it is quite satisfying now I've done it but bloody hell not easy! Should be easier next time as it is now only hand tight not over tightened.

Plans for the future are some new tyres, wheel refurb, sort the electrics as mentioned and find a new parcel shelf without holes in for 6x9 speakers, if anyone has one or would like to swap for one with the cut outs let me know. I would like to do an FRSU but not sure as Im not planning track days yet and not sure if its worth it for just day to day use. I might just get the car looking good first try and get rid of a few small scratches and then move onto fun stuff. Here are a few pics from when I first got it, need to borrow my mates camera and get some good shots as I dont have a decent one just my GF's little nikon so sorry for the quality.

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0483.jpg

Looks good Shawn :D

I work near Hooton which isn't too far away from you, might see you about, cosmic EP3 :D

Cheers Scottomo, I'll keep an eye out for you, Im in Little Sutton so very close.

Yeah? I just bought my K100 from a guy in little sutton who had a Milano EP3, you might of seen him knocking about?

You'll get the modding bug sooner than you realise the more you frequent this forum :lol:

I think there is two round here, one was round the corner from me but I haven't seen it for a few weeks might have been sold.

No doubt I will, like I said just want it to look clean at the moment so will be focusing on looks first, I'm a bit OCD about cleaning it :) my next job will be tidying up the engine bay as its a bit grim. Might get some spoon socks and new caps, I hear the socks add a few ponies :lol:

The guy with the Milano was selling it due to doing too many miles, so it probably has gone tbh.

I was OCD about cleaning mine at first, it wears off though :lol: Still keep mine clean but just don't wash as often as I used to/should :lol:

There's a how to in here about cleaning the engine bay, I think Jermal did it if it helps with the search. I used it and it's very good, don't forget your toothbrush ;)

Cheers I'll take a look for it at the weekend. I have a nail cleaning brush I used for doing the inside of my wheels that I'll use :lol:, yes I'm that bad, I hated the tar on them so they had to be done even though you can't see them im happier knowing it isnt there, told you I was OCD.

Its been a while so a small update.
Finally got a couple of new tyres yesterday, I went for Toyo T1R's and I must say they are miles better than the crap Maxis that were on it before. (cheapskate previous owner not me) Even though I'm still bedding them in the car already feels much safer in the bends and feels more stable under braking as the old ones felt sh!te at times. Its been a busy few months and the overtime at work has dropped off so I only got the front two at the moment but will definitely be getting the backs done asap.
The car will be getting a big wash inside and out over the bank holiday weekend ready for JAE, not long now.:)

Front tyres thats what i got to get today , 2 continentals will be going on the front . Your car looks nice mate .

Back