• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Swedish Cosmic EP3 *Big update*

WOW. Would love to have a stack of stuff like that all waiting to go onto the car. I bet you can't wait.

The car looks nice by the way. Might be tempting me to some rear tints.

I received the ETD today, that was some quick shipping... :)

WOW. Would love to have a stack of stuff like that all waiting to go onto the car. I bet you can't wait.

The car looks nice by the way. Might be tempting me to some rear tints.

Hehe, thanks :) Yes, I can't wait... but I have to, there is still way to much snow on the roads here, and also there is never any free time on the lift at work so I can't get anything done ;(

The rear tints are standard on the facelifted EP3 in Sweden, that and HID's (which BTW are self-adjusting), headlight washers etc.

/P-H

I have received my coilovers:
879036_hv2x6r.jpg

879038_9sj535.jpg

879041_9r8u9e.jpg

879045_la5l8h.jpg

879046_viayrb.jpg

879047_rzjlne.jpg

These are the new version with cast iron ends instead of aluminium. With custom spring rates 10 kg/mm in front and 12 kg/mm in the rear.

I've also bought new black lug nuts for my bronze rims, I think it will look better with black on bronze rather than chromed on bronze ;)
tcsplblkface.jpg

Now I just need a camber kit for the rear then I can start getting the stuff on the car :p

Very nice indeed. Have you had a chance to fit the Exhaust mounts yet? I would be interested to know what difference they make as i have been looking at them for mine which is the same exhaust as yours.

Very nice indeed. Have you had a chance to fit the Exhaust mounts yet? I would be interested to know what difference they make as i have been looking at them for mine which is the same exhaust as yours.

Yes, it made a hell of a difference. But I repositioned the backbox mounting ring at the same time so I don't know what did the trick.

That's a heck of shop you've done there. Look forward to seeing the pics. Let us know how good the shifter bushings are and whether they make much difference.

I am thinking of exchanging the AEM V2 with a AEM CAI. What do you guys think about that? Sell the brand spanking new AEM V2 and loose a little cash and them buy the AEM CAI... hmm...

That's a heck of shop you've done there. Look forward to seeing the pics. Let us know how good the shifter bushings are and whether they make much difference.

Sure thing, will let you know.

Very nice indeed! :smt023

Reading back in this thread it sounds like the EP3 was much better specified in Europe. We didn't get self levelling lights, washers or HIDs and with the exception of the 300 30th Anniversary cars we only got rear tints on the final run of 'Premier' editions.

Very nice indeed! :smt023

Reading back in this thread it sounds like the EP3 was much better specified in Europe. We didn't get self levelling lights, washers or HIDs and with the exception of the 300 30th Anniversary cars we only got rear tints on the final run of 'Premier' editions.

Thanks.
I know, I was surprised to see that you in the UK got less standard equipment in the EP3 than the rest of Europe... strange as it was built in the UK :)

I love the wheels, it doesn't actually sit that low with the coilovers. Almost looks stock.
Thanks, you and me both :)

I am not going to slam it but I think I will lower it a little more, right now it's a few millimeters to high :)

Fantastic. Love those wheels. Bronze seems to go so well with cosmic.

Thanks ;) Yes, it does... I got one comment that the rims look dirty... just because they aren't silver and shining or something, I don't know :)

No dont, they can look silly when too low. Plus would probably be aweful to drive.

I will not lower the car more, just fine tune the ride height so it is the same in the front as in the rear... I hate then the tire is under the wheel arch, looks so ugly...

Haven't updated in a while, alot has happened since the last post :p

First a summer shot of the car as it stands today:
83888-1931990.jpg

HEL stainless steel brake lines:
932835_p4m5e1.jpg

Fitted on the car together with RBF600 brake fluid:
944238_ay0yw0.jpg

New S2000 front pads fitted, a little harder than stock:
953385_psyhui.jpg

Torn CV boot replaced:
953389_223fj3.jpg

953391_d147s0.jpg

953392_bbi66e.jpg

953394_97q8zp.jpg

J's Racing front tower brace fitted:
968413_k0nou3.jpg

968416_wf217o.jpg

968417_7o6rcu.jpg

968418_dmzo4y.jpg

Tegiwa ETD fitted:
968419_6fhmwa.jpg

968431_rwgg82.jpg

968433_93xcnn.jpg

And yes, I did move the A/C line to below the brace and changed the ETD to the correct direction after the pictures!

Rear tower brace fitted:
968434_9mcu7v.jpg

968435_458nz5.jpg

968436_scigas.jpg

Not worth the effort swapping it out in the rear IMO.

Two new front tires from Camskill, Falken FK452 225/35 R18:
981526_p5wzl5.jpg

981529_6d8l4v.jpg

The ETD was removed after three days of driving, I didn't like it at all, even in the softest setting. Will fit the ES motor mount inserts instead.

Regards
P-H

Nice updates! :smt023

I loved the Spoon ETD I had on my EP3, added so much to the feel of the car. Maybe the Tegiwa is a little stiffer?

Nice updates! :smt023

I loved the Spoon ETD I had on my EP3, added so much to the feel of the car. Maybe the Tegiwa is a little stiffer?

Thanks! ;)

I don't know, thought they were built the same way. I just didn't like that the entire car felt so much different than before, it was to much for normal street use.

Back