• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 My thoughts on Top Gear (Ive owned both EP3 and FN2)

I must admit it looked a bit awkward and out of place on the Stigs lap, like it didn't really want to be doing that.... :?

His point was the the seat moved forward and didn't move back when the seat was put back. The EP3 did not do this, only the backrest itself moved and that's what didn't go back into position.

EDIT that's wrong, thinking of my teg, though that does go back. Been a long day!

It's a pretty car and will sell plenty, but the further the Type-R name goes through the years the more detached it is becoming from 'Racing'. Honda have to make a buck, so they have a nice comfy, fairly heavy car that's not as capable handling than it's predecessor. That doesn't make it bad, but it's moving away from the spirit of the brand I think.

I´ve owned both ep3 and fn2, and i really like both of the cars,
i would not like to change my fn2 for ep3 now.
I love the new car ,it handles better ,the power is great,the interior is really nice looking and the seats feels much better,he is quieter and much more solid,

As i said i really like both of the cars,,but i think the fn2 is greater car.

That is my option..........;)

top gear sunday 18th nov 2007

dnt na how many of u guys seen it but they had the new ctr v the old ctr, now dont know how many of u like / dislike clarkson but in this event of happenings think he was bang on the old ctr was better than the new :)

just thought it was worth a mention

cheers

Biggest load of tripe I've seen in ages. Clarkson at his worst. He slags the car off in a test drive and makes it quite clear he doesn't like it. He then goes on to drive the FN2 in a race against the EP3.

Who was driving the EP3????

Clarkson clearly wasn't trying ,there was only going to be one outcome to this 'test'.

For Clarkson to slate the ride comfort of the FN2 is ludicrous - it's sheer luxury compared to the EP3. How can you take anything the guy says seriously?

I've owned both cars and love both of them but this was utter tripe. ;)

Nobody mentioned that it beat the GTi?

It wasn't that long ago that Clarkson did the review of the GTi, he did everything but bum the exhaust he loved it that much....and this is where it just goes to show how out of touch he is with his reviews. He never once compared the Civic to the Golf and why because he would have to hold his hand up and say that the FN2 and for that matter the EP3 as is stands now is better than the current GTi. I knew that when I logged on tonight that it would come down to the same old boring argument of the EP3 vs FN2. They are both EQUALLY great hot hatches and more importantly the majority of the car testers and reviewers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: rate both cars very highly and still think the Civic Type R (old and new) is still the best hot hatch you can get. I have had both the EP3 and own an FN2 and without any bulls**t their are pros and cons to both. So all I will say is regardless if you own either they are still the best. All Clarkson did tonight was show how f*****g useless he is on any review IMO.

Back