• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 My thoughts on Top Gear (Ive owned both EP3 and FN2)

It is funny reading some of the comments on CTRO to do with this debate, I cant help feeling some of the n00bs are just jumping on the bandwagon.

"OMG how can you even consider an FN2 after Clarkson slated it"

:roll:

you see all this mention of the seats resetting themselves and how the ep3's driver seat never came forward at all i would of though that this appeals to more of a driver focused car also ur more likely to park with ur passenger side on the pavement so its more safety aswell, as most of ur passengers get in from the pavement.

but my gf does give me grief when the seat has moved back to factory default and she like who been sitting here and the amout of time am like omg it just resets every time it goes forward.

but in all fairness i think the fn2 looks sweet as a nut from the front the back would have to grow on me the ep3 looks great all round.

as for performance if you took out the air con outta fn2 it prob b a bit quicker well alot quicker, but in the end it all comes down to who was driving them and who had the most balls for the l8 brake into corners ect

imho both great cars would have any of them quite happily but due to the fact the cost of the ep3 now it would prob be that evry time but if money was no object to me i would take that fd2 with out hesitation :)

good luck with the debate guys carry on with the great comments :)

cheers

If thats the case, why didn't JC mention anything then? Seeing as the EP did win when raced together, though FN got quicker with Stig! :p

If thats the case, why didn't JC mention anything then? Seeing as the EP did win when raced together, though FN got quicker with Stig! :p

because it was probably done after he had filmed his drivel and that would prove him wrong.....which of course he never is.;)

This thread:

roundabout_sign.jpg

This thread:

roundabout_sign.jpg

Actually, this thread almost got flat a few times, until each time Muxy gives us a come back along the lines of "FN2 is better than EP3", and a smiley face :lol:

and then James gets back to him with a FN2 is SH!T or something, etc etc

The EP3 was only timed round the TG track in the original series with the original black suited Stig. The new white suited chap whoever he is seems to be rather quicker behind the wheel than the older one. Tis probably the reason why the FN2 posted a better lap time than the EP3 despite being slower (Sorry FN2 guys, but it is)

Have to say Im finding this thread funny reading. The amount of folks on here jumping to the FN2's defence after Jezza slated it, and then in the next breath admitting they preffer the FN2 because its more comfortable/practical/roomy/stylish etc. Sorry guys but thats the reason why its an inferior drivers car to the one it replaces. When you start pamdering to those who want the image but with none of the compromises, you water down the experience. Its because of this market the Golf GTi lost its edge and turned into the fat lardy city bus it was until the latest version arrived. And so has it been with the FN2. Honda brought the EP3 in at a time when the hot hatch was anything but hot. It was lighter faster and more focused than its rivals, it went back to the whole ethos of what a hot hatch was all about, that less is more thinking, substance over style. It shook up the hot hatch brigade, forcing rivals to shed the pounds and hone the handling, making them raise their game to the new bar Honda had set. Strange then that having set the standard for what a hot hatch should be with the EP3, Honda should effectively about face and wander back down the dark path of weighty add-ons, cheaper set ups, and pointless pander.

More foward please? I dont bloody think so.

Actually, this thread almost got flat a few times, until each time Muxy gives us a come back along the lines of "FN2 is better than EP3", and a smiley face :lol:

No i said they had to make a sh1t Civic but i was joking, i actually really like the FN2.

Never liked it at first but its but its been growing on me really quickly. I dont think its as fast as the EP3 but looks nicer and more pratical:twisted:

Harv quoted 1.32.8 for the EP3 on the first page of this thread..... I wonder where he got that number from? :confused:

The original Stig (Black suit) recorded the 1.36.5 on the track in damp conditions. When the new Golf GTi was launched, the white suited Stig pitted it against the main rivals and relapped in the facelift EP3, which turned in a 1.32.8 on a dry track, faster than the Golf, Leon R, Megane 225, and Cooper S Works that were also in the test. Thats where the time Harv quoted came from.

Was going to replace my Integra with the new civic bit put off now to be honest looking at maybe the RX8 now......Honda has made a big mistake here Bring back a UK Integra I say

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never said the FN2 is better....I said it suits my needs better...that is two different things.;)

Also, the reason why I come back is to defend against single minded EP3 owners who think that anything but the EP3 is sh!t. It is funny that both cars are very good cars, but the design intent and engineering has been targeted at different age groups for each model. It is no coincidence that the changes that have been made are customer focused from the 'masses' and not from the 'younger enthusiast'. I can bet that most slaters of the FN2 are about 20-25 because they are the performance hatch target where comfort and practicality are not an issue. How many times have you heard 'my car is hard as fook....really uncomfortable...yet is corners like it is on rails!'...i.e. different market..

I am happy to have sacrificed the more 'raw' EP3 (BUT NOT jdm RAW) for a more refined FN2.....but I will NEVER slate the EP3 like many slate the FN2.....I really don't get it?:rolleyes:

as far as the different stigs.....all I can say is , if different drivers are the issue, what about Clarkson and the other bloke.....what happened when they changed cars?...did they change...I don't know.....I don't really care...:lol:

but if 0.7 seconds or what ever is the issue....fcuk it.....I would rather have climate control.:lol:

Amen....

Love you all

Neil

Age 37 and a half.

:lol:

Was going to replace my Integra with the new civic bit put off now to be honest looking at maybe the RX8 now......Honda has made a big mistake here Bring back a UK Integra I say
tbh who gives a flying f**k wot jeremy clarkson thinks,hes paid great money to drive great cars and **** cars and will always point something out that he doesnt like on a car and we take his word for it,if u like the fn2 go buy the f*****g car f**k wot clarkson says.:smt097 :rant:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never said the FN2 is better....I said it suits my needs better...that is two different things.;)

Also, the reason why I come back is to defend against single minded EP3 owners who think that anything but the EP3 is sh!t. It is funny that both cars are very good cars, but the design intent and engineering has been targeted at different age groups for each model. It is no coincidence that the changes that have been made are customer focused from the 'masses' and not from the 'younger enthusiast'. I can bet that most slaters of the FN2 are about 20-25 because they are the performance hatch target where comfort and practicality are not an issue. How many times have you heard 'my car is hard as fook....really uncomfortable...yet is corners like it is on rails!'...i.e. different market..

I am happy to have sacrificed the more 'raw' EP3 (BUT NOT jdm RAW) for a more refined FN2.....but I will NEVER slate the EP3 like many slate the FN2.....I really don't get it?:rolleyes:

as far as the different stigs.....all I can say is , if different drivers are the issue, what about Clarkson and the other bloke.....what happened when they changed cars?...did they change...I don't know.....I don't really care...:lol:

but if 0.7 seconds or what ever is the issue....fcuk it.....I would rather have climate control.:lol:

Amen....

Love you all

Neil

Age 37 and a half.

:lol:
well put mate im with u all the way on this:cool:

I still thinks it is funny that folks are quibeling over what after all is an entertainment show, not really anything to do with informative tests. After all what on earth do lap times round an old airfield have to do with how good or bad a car is? Especially in the hands of a pro driver. So a car that is a second or two quicker on the TG test track would mean diddly on the road where most of us spend our time.

And if on teh track performance, or indeed fun and adjustability is the main consideration then you'd probably go for a DC2 anyway :D.

And Spoon, let us not forget all the old skool Honda fanboys slated the EP for not being a True Type R, due to not having Recaros, LSD, and the front windshield being to thick.

Anywhoo we have gone over this again and again, and the bottom line (again) is a car is only as good as the person who has bought it needs or wants it to be.

Hell, the FD2 is arguably the most raw and competent of them all, but it does not make the EK or DC2 any less of an R.

Also do not have a pop at those defending thier choices, as we all do that (everytime a Corsa, Ford, Pug driver etc etc) slates a Civic on their own forums :).

Back