• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My turn......

Right guys

I already know the answer to this but just wanted to ask you guys about what you think.

I have the opportunity to buy a Gruppe M :twisted:

However, being totally under the thumb ( :oops:) and money very tight (being married, with big mortgage etc etc) i feel that i SHOULDNT get it :eek:

Also, you may have read that my current mods are all "stealth" mods- ie stuff that the missus wont know/ find out about.

Icebox- she thinks that the original airbox
Magnex twin slash- as above
eibach lower springs- no difference
wheels- well she knows about this one lol
JDM recaros- i "won" these in a Honda competition :p
HIDs- changed my bulbs
JDM rear ARB- doesnt know
J's Racing front strut- doesnt know

Now, if i get the Gruppe M, it will be pretty obvious that i have done something to the car- ie she will notice the scoop and she will no doubt be :smt076

So........ do i just bear the :smt076 and just get it or avoid the hassle and stress from the missus and not get it.

Your help and advise will be greatly appreciated :cool:

thanks gang

Gary

ps- i was also thinking if i do get too much grief from the missus, i could always sell it on and not lose any money?

Don't be so under the thumb and just get one. You only live once! :twisted:

Or buy the ITG, not much difference but quieter :D

Hmmmm you wont be happening to be selling one are you ?

:lol:

tbh, i'm perfectly happy with my Icebox- but just all these Gruppe M threads over the last couple of months been making me want to just experience it more than anything else.

knowing me, i will get it, and it will stay on for a couple of weeks/month and missus will complain and i end up selling it.

theres bound to be takers for gruppe m anyways so not worried that it wont be sold.

I have the opportunity to buy a Gruppe M :twisted:

However, being totally under the thumb ( :oops:) and money very tight (being married, with big mortgage etc etc) i feel that i SHOULDNT get it :eek:
I am very much in the same boat squire. I've convincedthe missus that the wheels need to be sorted, which they do. Also told her that converting to facelift headlights will be brighter and therefore safer! I don't think my missus would visually notice the Gruppe M, I mean it's not like she ever cleans the car! She probably hear it though. :twisted:

JDM recaros- i "won" these in a Honda competition :p
PMSL You're on to a winner there. Don't let her out of your sight!

okies just a few more questions regarding the Gruppe M itself.

the lad said i need some original fittings from the OEM airbox, some nut or something, but i'm not sure if i still have this? :confused:

I know the Icebox used quite a lot of the original fitting so could anyone tell me what original fittings i need? maybe pics will be better?

or will i find it in Chris's Gruppe M thread?

many thanks

Gary

okies just a few more questions regarding the Gruppe M itself.

the lad said i need some original fittings from the OEM airbox, some nut or something, but i'm not sure if i still have this? :confused:

I know the Icebox used quite a lot of the original fitting so could anyone tell me what original fittings i need? maybe pics will be better?

or will i find it in Chris's Gruppe M thread?

many thanks

Gary

It's probably the 2 long fixings that hold the box in.
Can't remember if they are used on the Icebox or not tbh, definately used with OEM & Gruppe M.

The increased performance will mean you get home quicker and be able to spend more time with your beloved... :wink: :lol:

Just buy the Gruppe M and drown out her whinging by engaging VTEC everytime she pipes up.

Or have a mrs who has a car with a Gruppe M :twisted:

on a serious note, surely the cost against what you get back for the icebox wont be bad mate, £100????

Whats that, 2 trips to the hairdressers?

Any Gruppe M owners tell me what original OEM parts i need for the install then?

Told ya once you big girl :rolleyes:

The 2 long bolts that bolt side & back of the OEM airbox to the holding brackets. Pretty sure that are the only 2 bits you need. ;)

Hey dude, yeah just do it fella. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

At the end of the day its a hobby and no one can say you cant spend your money on what you enjoy. If it helps put some realism into the subject:

1) People spend 3k on 1 golf club
2) People spent £100 on a hair cut every 3 months
3) Shoes - dont even get me started
4) Make up.... again dont get me started

At the end of the day mate, you shouldnt have to keep things secreat, but have an understanding that with your money you can do what you like with it, no counting of course if you have both agreed to save up for a wedding or something like that.

I'm sure you wouldnt stop the misses spending her money on like a dream holiday or something so it should be the same. Being open and honest may help her understand your passion abit more.

It's not only a car, its a hobby...... I dont get arsey everytime you pursue your hobby of getting your tubby arse into the gym at £25 ppm or Yoga classes at £20 a pop or Pilaes or what ever gay things women do (not that I complain either of course!)

:OP

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Personally I do feel the G'M is a bit expensive for an induction kit and tbh are you going to notice the extra 3bhp on the roads? Plus there is the hassel of modyfying the scuttle panel or what ever its called to fit the EP3. (see sticky thread).

Personally I'd stick with a closed box, either an icebox or a BMC. Open cones are great in winter, pap in summer..... unless you have one SERIOUS heatsoak....... oh yes hang opn its called the bonett! ;OP

Cheers Lee

You said

It's probably the 2 long fixings that hold the box in.
Can't remember if they are used on the Icebox or not tbh, definately used with OEM & Gruppe M.

and i took the "probably" as not sure so wanted to make sure

Told ya once you big girl :rolleyes:

The 2 long bolts that bolt side & back of the OEM airbox to the holding brackets. Pretty sure that are the only 2 bits you need. ;)

I defintely have the big long bolt ( i seem to remember the icebox needing the one ? ) but if its 2, then i need to double check....

Thanks gang

:cool:

ETA Tuesday :twisted:

Back