• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my ukdm integra type R

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have deleted my posts as i just cant see me being able to stop writing the dreaded u and will just end up being banned again time after time as i cant seem to stop doing it will stay on here to browse and look at other peoples projects.

this is not meant nasty i just dont wanna get banned again and this seems the easier way just not to post! as even when i apolgise i still do it! hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
so after all the clean i decided it was time to enjoy her for a little....... :D

then decided it was time to do more! :lol:

as promised here are the pics of my front strut bar ends now resprayed in gun metal grey:
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-3.jpg

thought they came out all right...got my new little touch upstick from honda so can rub down the small amount of rust that was on the suspension turrets and give it a nice lick of paint! can finally put the front strut brace on again soon!!

got me some new goodies from good old honda!
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-6.jpg

bought these so i can split the rear section of the exhaust and fit new bolts,springs and gasket might save these for when i fit a jdm exhaust......or will i!... :lol:
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-41.jpg

when i was there decided to get myself a new rocker cover gasket for when i get my rocker cover repainted by a certain someone on here! still not sure to go with red wrinkle or white wrinkle any suggestions?on other colours or what i should go for?.....my future is in your hands!!!! :lol:
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-42.jpg

after looking under the car(inspection to make sure things where okay underneath) i noticed a rip in the rubber of the drivers side gearbox torque mount so bought the new mount and associated bits should be fitting this in the next few days and shall post some pics of this process.if this mount has gone is it probable the rest are pretty shot too or?
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-14.jpg

my favourite buy!! brand new from honda! thought these where discontinued but made him check he insisted they didnt make them anymore but hey presto there was a set in the warehouse!! wahooo probably common but thought these quite rare or not???... :? has really made the interior look alot smarter.

hope your enjoing the updates!

Funny how much mats can change the look of the interior. I would stick with red wrinkle to break up the engine bay a bit, although white sounds pretty good and will be different from the norm.

cheers for all the nice replys,yeah she is pretty clean thankyou had to hunt for awhile for one like it though!! just want to make her real clean and oem now,is nice to see a good helpful forum too i see this forum is mostly civics and dc5's.

yeah the matt's just gave it a real nice dark black contrast look to the interior,yeah i like the thought of white but can see it getting real dirty quick and im in the thought of just making her a real clean oem look.
well have lots of bits i wanna do and will be posting it up if peeps wanna see im sure u dont but u will get it anyway!!hahahahaha

so after reading about the rear quarters and the slit in the rear sill on some websites and seeing the awful condition of some peoples rear quarters and espically the inside rear quarters, i decided to investigate and see what my cars quarters where looking like and prevent any further rust developing and sort anything that needed doing and so the stripping began!.....
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-15.jpg

mixedphotosdownloaded28march2010468.jpg

rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-40.jpg

And more came out when will it end!
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-39.jpg

And during the process found myself a small fortune!!
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-38.jpg
that takes care of the money needed for a wheel refurb then!!!hahahahah
:lol:
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-32.jpg

rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-34.jpg

thats everything out. now lets have a look at these rear quarters!! fingers crossed!
drivers side!
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-26.jpg

passengers
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-24.jpg

i was quite shocked when i saw the state of both sides but looks alot worse in the pics than in real life after a bit of wire brush action alot came off to reveal mostly just surface rust :) i then followed up with some good old sandpaper treatment managed to actually con the missus into rubbing the passangers side down for me!! :lol::lol::eek::twisted: love it when a plan comes together.
:lol: :lol:
so after the rub down (sorry guys have no finished rub down pics completly forgot!!!) :roll: :roll: no treat for me! :lol: i used genolight to treat any of the left over rust and seal the metal.
i ran it off to my mate at the local garage where it got completly wax oiled underneath he managed to get in the sills squirt in there did my rear quarters too after a few suttle hints! as i left all the interior out for him so he could do it for me amazing what mentinong things a hundred times can do!:lol: :lol: :twisted: and also did my engine bay(not sure about this though as left a yellowy tinge and now cant make it sparkly in there!) so reckon i shall probably remove this so i can keep the bay nice and clean.
so got the car back a couple of hours later and began to start the task of rebuilding but decided that whilist i had taken everything out i may aswell change the rear speakers whilist i was there thinking that they had been there for 10 odd years so could do with a freshen up plus dont really wanna be ripping all the ineterior out again in a hurry.
so went down to my local car shop and bought these they wont set the streets alight with the sound of my pumping tunes bruv!!hahahaha but hey i think i can deal with that!:lol: :lol: :lol:

020.jpg

And so the fitting began out with the old...
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-18.jpg

And in with the new...
rearremovalwaxoilingrearquarterr-20.jpg

After inspecting the speakers when they where out the voicecoils where scratching a bit when the cone was pushed down so all in all a good choice to change! :D 8)
i then refitted the trim,seatbelts,seats spare wheel boot carpet and so on and sat back with a brew and admired the work! :lol: :lol: 8)
the speakers are still bedding in but the sound stage from the rear sounds much better crisper,clearer with more depth.

hope u have enjoyed the update and cheers for reading my post.
more to come next up is front and rear strut respraying and re fitting me thinks!
:D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work Chris, I do love a 'good ol' build up thread :cool:

I purchased a new drivers seat bolster from 'Capital Seating' as mine looked a bit like yours do, worked a treat too !!
You love doing that, getting the seat out stripping it & replacing the Bolster ;)

Keep it up.

cheers for all the nice replys guys,yeah she is pretty clean just got a few bits that i would like to do just to get her real nice and clean,yeah im sure at one stage i shall be doing the bolsters when they start to sag!!wahooo!!

well after doing the front strut bar ends and liking the result 8) felt like it was time to do some more sprayin so decided to remove the rear bar in the boot which weighed about! 3000000 stone!! :lol: :lol: does this do alot for body rigidity or can it be removed with not much loss to handiling? just think it weighs soooo much would be better without for weight loss or even a lighter aftermarket product are these available or? anyways after a small gym style montage training session i removed the rear bar. :lol:

found this:

010.jpg

And thats the only excuse i needed! :lol: :lol:
so began the sandown of the bar and wow they like to put thick paint on that bar i can tell ya!!
nearly finished sanding down:

012.jpg

All done :
013.jpg

Is quite hard to see the finished sanding due to the fact the bar was silver in the first place but removed all paint and cleaned off any residue ready for painting.so strung the bar up with the help of a 20 ton chain and a car as a counter weight!! :lol: :lol: and began the priming process.
014.jpg

As you can see the garage is lovely and clear and clean!!!!!:lol: the car is more worthy of my time at the moment!! 8) shall not be saying that to my missus though would like to keep my undercarriage thanks! :lol: :lol:
all sprayed and finished:

0042.jpg

0032.jpg

0022.jpg

And now installed:)
0012.jpg

0062.jpg

0052.jpg

I think it looks loads better than the silver it really stuck out when u opened the boot and now looks real suttle and blends in real nice with the colours of the boot i think it looks more oem than it was before if u know what i mean! :? :shock: :lol:
so i now have a stealthy heavy as hell piece of metal in the boot!! :lol: :lol: 8)
what u think?

This made me laugh. Although it does look better in black IMO.
it was never black? they all come in silver as standard! or do mean sprayed black? i looked at black but it makes it stand out massively due to the carpet and plastic panels being greyish but like u say its all down to ur opionion.

This is a great build up thread bud. Whats next?
cheers bud im glad ur enjoying my build thread and hopefully will continue to enjoy it there is more to come! well i got a few things on as said below and above! wheel refurb,puting a jdm red stitched gear gaiter and a few more to come watch this space!....

You're gonna end up with a new car soon. Wheel refurb next I take it?
hahahahaha thanks i think!! how did u guess huh!! will be posting up very soon

Sorry dude, didn't realise you sprayed it dark grey, looked like black on my screen. What I meant was whatever colour you sprayed it, it looked much better than it did before :lol:

sorry about that mate will make sure i write (you) from now on,whats going on with your avatar pic is weird!!! hahahaha

Sorry dude, didn't realise you sprayed it dark grey, looked like black on my screen. What I meant was whatever colour you sprayed it, it looked much better than it did before :lol:

hahahaha thats cool matey and thanks it was a vauxhaul graphite grey if your interested yeah yeah i know vauxhaul!hahahaha

havent updated for awhile been real busy, well as said on my last update the wheel refurb was next soooo....

thats what i! did after phoning a few local company's i finally decided on the company to go with so removed my wheels!

well so heres the pics of my wheels before i sent them off not too bad but they had some paint flaking off and some marks
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

I got hold of sticker dude and ordered some centre decals in the original size and colour must thankyou sticker dude the stickers where perfect and arrived quickly i highly recomend him and his products thanks again,Anyways i managed to get my hands on some civic type r wheels:
019.jpg

018.jpg

I loved the look of these on the car but after driving it with them on i would of honestly not bought the car if it drove like that when i went to see it!! hated it it tramlined everywhere and felt real heavy on the stearing...
anyways after a bit of waiting i got my new sexy rims (old) back i believe they sprayd them in 4 year old cw paint from honda.
and here they are:

051.jpg

050.jpg

053.jpg

057.jpg

hope you like!! will get some pics of the wheels on the car real soon also have done a few other bits which i shall post up very soon.....
let me know what you think...
:D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back