• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My UKDM Milano red ITR

Hellooo!
I'm Morgan and i'm from colchester. Have a 2000 ITR in milano red.
Anyway, breif history. (sorry for the insta pics, I often forget I own a DSLR)

How it all started...

Car had previously been owned by another enthusiast, had spoon brakes, TE37s ect. Most of that was sold off before I got it though. :(
Still had a few bits left over as you can see.
Custom straight through exhast, HIDs, Skunk2 battery tie, braided lines, MC brace, JDM rear lights, JDM instrument panel, Red recaros (Milanos all came with black ones), Ferodo DS2500 pads and grooved discs.
It was rust free and didn't throw smoke out the back like most B series do nowadays so I couldn't say no even though it was slightly more than they normally go for.

The history was immaculate, have every MOT its ever had, Delivery sheet from 2000, receipts for EVERYTHING EVER and even the 3 original keys! (found the 3rd one underneath the spare wheel)

Im good friends with the guys over at 6two1 (check it out people) so of course I went straight there to rinse my bank account.

Purchased a set of downstar neochrome engine bay bolts, coilovers, neo chrome wheel bolts and a a neochrome gear knob. Also got myself a spoon sports mirror later on and a funky Teg phone case.

On they went at the 6two1 garage. Left it like that for a month or so before I started any other work.

Next up was the dirty seats

Saw some carbon doorcard inserts on facebook and couldn't say no

And then a set of Sa3Rs appeared along with a M&M rear strut.

Had a lot of trouble fitting these, first the 6two1 wheel bolts were too thick and I couldn't get a socket over them to tighten them up. Bought a set of Mutekis and drove for about 5 miles before the next problem cropped up.

The valves sit quite far in on these advans and they were rubbing on the front brakes.
The brakes took the valve cap off and the valve with it leaving me with a flat. Had left my standard wheels at a friends so had to drive all the way back which ruined the tyre.

Off they came and I got a set of RSRs fitted the next day.

Finally got them on after all my troubles, fitted some RSRs as well, only to find that the 'slight Nick' on my lca from cutting the bolt off has turned into a hole. :/
Bought some polybushed lcas and wishbones to replace it from my mates del sol.

Terrible pics I know, my driveway is really awkward.

Had a m&m strut brace sat in my garage for a while. Had to cut the plastics to fit it and just never got round to it until this weekend.
71437D67-E0BC-4B38-A494-C0192F67D5E7.jpg

Also had a neo chrome gear knob but my old one was stuck on, got some mole grips on it to find the previous owner had cut the thread and over tightened the knob past the thread onto the shifter. :/

Picked up a Kingston edition personal 330mm steering wheel too.

booked in for snetterton on the 29th, seen a few Hondas on the list. Anyone on here?

Mod list as far as I can remeber:

---Exterior---
JDM rear lights
USDM sidelights
JDM stickers (are in a different place on UKDM cars)
Super Advan Sa3r with Federal RSR tyres (with centre caps)
Muteki wheel bolts
HID kit

---Chassis---
6two1 coilovers
M&M rear strut brace
Standard front strut brace
polybushed wishbones and lcas
Downstar LCA bolts

---Engine---
JDM 98 spec ecu
Custom straight through exhaust
Skunk2 Battery tie
6two1 oil cap
Fake spoon Rocker cover (pretty sure its just yellow aha!)
Rywire

---Interior---
Spoon Sports Mirror
Red Recaros
6two1 neochrome gear knob
Rear seats removed
JDM carbon instrument panel
JDM carbon window swithces
Mugen pedals
Carbon Fibre doorcard inserts
Personal Kingston edition 330mm wheel

---Brakes---
Braided lines
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Grooved Discs
Unkown MC brace (tegiwa most likely)

---Random **** that doesn't really go anywhere---
Downstar neochrome engine bay bolts
Rear Wiper delete
Ariel delete

Nice Teg dude, great spec already!

Think i saw pictures of your car getting the 6TWO1 coilovers fitted on their instagram :)

Looks like a lovely example, nice spec too. I've wanted one of these since my neighbours had a new one when I was 12! I'm not a fan of those wheels, but that's just me. Keep up the good work.

Looks great.

How are you getting on with the RSRs? I'm contemplating a set for mine. So much cheaper than the AD08 but wondering if you get what you pay for..

Cheers guys.
You will have seen it on 6two1, I'm up there quite a bit and I'll be going to snetterton with Adam (the owner) on the 29th.
Wheels aren't to everyone's taste, a bit marmite really. I've got to say they do look better in person and I just wanted to be a bit different. £400 with tyres for real advans is pretty cheap IMO.
Loving the RSRs, I'd say wet weather grip is lacking compared to the AD08, I'll let you know how they hold up on the track day.

Just ordered my third wheel boss as no one seems to know what fits a DC2, fingered crossed...

SA3Rs are possibly one of my favourite wheels, but somehow I'm just not sure about them on a DC2.

Haven't updated this in a while. Not a huge amount of progress but slowly getting there.
Got my personal wheel in. SRS light is still on after fitting the resistor so if anyone knows how to get rid of it that would be great.

Went to a track day at snetterton with my 6two1 buddies. Decided to try and keep up with my mates track vti in the corners and lost it at 90. Knocked my tracking right out and nearly had the front wheel fall off!

Might have ruined my tyres in the process...

Bout new leads, spark plugs and oil filter, spoon socks and gearbox/sump plugs. Found one of the washers on the spark plugs had came loose and fell into my engine when it was removed, at 4, on a Sunday.

Painted the wishbones, bought hard race camber arms. Waiting for the fronts to be delivered so they can be fitted.

Refitted the carbon inserts at the same time as the passenger side never quite sat right

A few general shots of the meets in the last few months for good measure.

Got some jdm mats on the way, think that's about it for now!

Nice update and car dude! Saw this at Mimms last weekend, playing some good tunes i might add :)
does look tidy, i like your rocker cover & leads colour combination too

Also spotted in the pic with your new steering wheel, it looks like your odometer is almost at 99999 miles, was this intentional haha?!

Nice update and car dude! Saw this at Mimms last weekend, playing some good tunes i might add :)
does look tidy, i like your rocker cover & leads colour combination too

Also spotted in the pic with your new steering wheel, it looks like your odometer is almost at 99999 miles, was this intentional haha?!
Thanks, my 4g was terrible so it wasn't me on the tunes. Colour combo on the rocker wasn't intentional tbh, it was yellow when I bought it and NGKs just happen to be blue aha.
Never noticed the mileage in the pic but I might claim it was intentional now!

I was at Snett in a mates MK5 Fiesta ZS that day. Seeing you all there made me want to shoot back to Essex and get my EP3 lol

Back