• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Vauxhall Vivaro (yes you did read that right...)

After about 5 years of Type-R ownership I made my way through an EP3, EK9, DC5 and FD2. It was safe to say the Type-R bug had left me a good few months ago.

I decided to sell the FD2 to get something more suited for my Mountain Biking/Climbing. I wanted a van as I wanted the bike(s) to be locked up inside, and for it to be more versatile whilst out on the trails.

Here's my build.

I didn't take any pictures of the out side for some reason. You all know what a Vivaro looks like anyway.

First thing was a bloody good clean. Was owned by a builder so was pretty honking.
Front seats removed and floor.

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

Old ply line kit removed.

IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

Half of a builders yard underneath.

IMG_5345.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

Cleaning.

IMG_5347.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

Ghetto hazard light switch changed.

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

Got carried away carpeting and forgot pictures.
New ply line kit fitted with stretch carpet. Saved about £450 doing this myself.
Fitting panels to walls, doors and roof.

(Sorry for any arse hanging out of shorts pictures...)

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

Trimming carpet to exposed metal work.

IMG_5407.jpg

Flooring.
Covered in Altro industrial vinyl flooring.

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

Parts of the trim were attacked by the expanding foam so carpeted these too.

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

End of weekend.

IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

Next weekend.
Removed all tie down hooks. Soaked in Lifcon to remove concrete, which took paint of too. Sprayed up silver.

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

I didn't want the bike(s) leaning against anything and wanted them secure.
I Used x2 Thule bike racks bolted to the floor.
Marking up.

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

T-Nuts drilled and tapped in from other side.

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

"Borrowed" some trim I found at work to tidy up edges. Also sliding door seal and both steps changed for new.

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

As it stands now.

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing what difference a bit of care and attention makes. I had one of these on loan, SWB with a 2.5 in it (not sure if this was standard?) and it went pretty well. Outside lane of the M5, 90mph standard.

Funnily enough, you're not the first to take a complete change of tack after an FD2. I've ended up with a big diesel Merc wagon and a Landcruiser :lol:

Thats a brilliant little conversion you have done there. My friend a simular vauxhall vam (noy 100% which one though) and has done a simular thing but for his track bikes. Brillaint thing.

Cheers guys. Managed to get some more work done after the MTB "incident".

Will post some pics tomorrow.

Back