• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N/A Tuning, the results with each set of mods added...

Below is a graph demonstrating the gains I found when fitting additional modifications to the induction system of my CTR.

Please keep in mind that my car was running a stock CTR manifold with catalyst and stock K20A2 cams.

190wbhp line:
K-Pro
Buddy Club Spec III
GruppeM

194wbhp line:
As above
R-Crew Performance Intake Manifold Plenium
PRC Intake Manifold, flowed by TDi North aka SystemR
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Tokyo Express Bored 70mm Throttle Body

The important part now.... That graph!!!
Notice the gain of ~8wbhp at 6000>6500, I think perhaps the gains at higher rpms suffer due to the lack of a race manifold (fitting v soon, so another graph is in order!). There is no doubt the mods have made the car quicker on road, shame I can't compare the torque.

dynocompare1sy.jpg

So that's another £600 thrown at the induction side of things.
Next up, getting rid of that nasty exhaust gases, via some beautifully crafted Toda parts, the race manifold and cat back.

Looks like I'm getting some Toda N2 cams as well, so that'll require another line on the graph too :lol:

Toda Manifold/Catback graph should be up in a couple of weeks, the N2 cams graph will almost certainly be post Christmas. 8)

An eventful day at TDi North today!

Seano, My CTR stalker was there. Donald showed up for his Buddy Club Exhaust, and TP was there too. 8)

First up let me explain something. The results from TDi's dyno are now slightly different thanks to upgraded software for their Dyno. This means that as a direct comparison to the old results we can't quite tell what the true gain is. The new software reads LOWER than the older software. So my car wouldn't have made 194wbhp on there had the new software being in last time. You can tell if you have results from the older software as the graph is really basic. The newer style is posted in the rolling road area (when mods approve it).

Onto my gain... ;)

dec2005dynocompare0fz.jpg

209.1wbhp on the new dynoi software is a cracking result IMO.
To put this in context, TP said he made 221wbhp on there with his Toda A3 cams. On the older dyno software it made 222wbhp, and that was with N2 cams, which give less power. So maybe it's about 5wbhp below what it was previously now. That also means I'm 12wbhp down on TP. :wink:

Onto letstorquebhp...
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 245
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1185 (I have a few light bits)
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 210.07
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.49
0 - 100 (Secs) : 13.16
60 - 100 (Secs) : 7.67
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.85
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 102.58
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.65
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 104.42

What did my datalog show tonight?
60-100mph 7.676s :lol: :lol:

So there we have it, less than 1 year on from my first mod.... 8)

N2 Cams and a new graph early next year people! 8)

Congrats mate,

Looks like plenty of effort has paid off.
Biggest gains are from 5750rpm all the way to the limiter :D

Looking forward to see your graph in the New Year

Nice one Paul!

I know your chuffed with that as per our convo the other night :twisted:

Some impressive figures and the graphs must continue to be posted Paul. 8)

BTW - how far will you take it? N/A all the way or will the quest for power involve a little Force? :D

Scousefella said:
BTW - how far will you take it? N/A all the way or will the quest for power involve a little Force? :D

Planning to fit my Toda N2 Cams in Feb, that should be fairly similar in peak output to a 4psi charger I think.

Supercharging doesn't appeal to me.

It's good fun now :p 8)

CTR_Paul said:
Scousefella said:

Planning to fit my Toda N2 Cams in Feb, that should be fairly similar in peak output to a 4psi charger I think.

Nice numbers. :twisted:
What was your peak torque?

tp said:
CTR_Paul said:
Scousefella said:

158lbft :eek:

The graph is in my car profile area thingy, but it hasn't being approved by the mods, so the old one still shows on the RR table.

CTR_Paul said:
tp said:

158lbft :eek:

The graph is in my car profile area thingy, but it hasn't being approved by the mods, so the old one still shows on the RR table.

Thats about the same as mine was when I was std. 8)

Mine wasnt tested properly as we were only using my car to set up the software from the RR to the electronics and Mark's car didnt have any towing eyes or positions for strapping it down. :roll: I did suggest using the wing mirrors and spoiler but he didnt want to play. :lol:

Mine made 169ft/lbs @ 6770rpm but I'm expecting quite a bit better when we have the fans running and can do a bit of tuning. :wink:

Yours will be awsome with the N2's in. :twisted:

Back