• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N/A Tuning, the results with each set of mods added...

So the N2's are in, along with other essential Toda parts, namely the valve springs allowing greater lift without fear of valve float and Toda's timing chain tensioner.

Before I post the graph I have to point out a couple of things. Firstly, the ambeint temperature was considerably higher on Saturday afternoon than any of my previous Dyno's. Secondly my tyres were 27psi when I checked them, not the 32psi I normally keep them at. This is due to me not using the car much at all in the last two months. Both I have an effect on the result I suspect, if I was to take it back on a cold day I wouldn't be surprised to see another couple of wbhp.

So the comparison graph;

190wbhp Mods Note, on old Tdi dyno software
K-Pro
Buddy Club Spec III
GruppeM

194wbhp Mods Note, on old Tdi dyno software
K-Pro
Buddy Club Spec III
GruppeM
JDM Inlet Manifold (Flowed)
R-Crew Performance Intake Manifold Plenum
Hondata Inlet Manifold Gasket
Tokyo Express Throttle Body
HKS Plugs

209wbhp Mods
K-Pro
Toda Race Header
Toda Hi Power Exhaust
GruppeM
HKS Plugs

219.2wbhp Mods
K-Pro
Toda Race Header
Toda Hi Power Exhaust
Toda N2 Cams, Valve Springs & Chain Tensioner
GruppeM
HKS Plugs

dynocomparen29bq.jpg

Since having the car dyno'd I've changed the map (I'm a poor chap who can't afford to let Tdi dyno my car all day long, so I only had a pretty basic map done!) to one which feels to give more power in the midrange. I guess only another visit would reveal if it's superior or not, I think it is though. I'm hoping to see better midrange punch with it in place.

On road, I haven't really had a chance to test either of the maps I have fully, although first impressions are impressive. The car pulls very strongly from 5000rpm, and the observent of you will have noticed that peak power is at about 8k, so no need to increase the limiter to an area where oil issues become apparent.

Back