• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

So in readiness for JAE decided to do a bit more tidying up.

IMAG1420_zpszfzrzwk9.jpg

So out come the battery so I could get underneath and give it a clean, was filthy with a really thick layer of dirt built up, so I am glad I have managed to remove it.

IMAG1421_zpsbbpoajav.jpg

IMAG1422_zpsp23i40hj.jpg

Took out the plastics and give those a clean up too and the battery.

IMAG1423_zpsfauni1eu.jpg

After a bit of Gunk to soak in it all wiped out okay and cleaned up ready to put it back in.

IMAG1425_zpscggzzimj.jpg

IMAG1428_zpsiiovovvf.jpg

The reason for the clean up was so I could put the battery cover I got from a forum member on and also fit my tie bar and fitting kit to tidy things up.

Getting there but still a few things I want to do under there.

IMAG1430_zpsckyo7ciz.jpg

IMAG1433_zpsjit3e7vu.jpg

IMAG1435_zpssb0efku3.jpg

After taking the number plates off and replacing the front bumper, I couldn't put my old plates on too, so got a new set of those as well :lol:

Will be giving it another coat of cherry glaze tomorrow and that will be it, ready for it to get dirty again on the way to JAE :lol:

Had to be done on the way back from JAE while the car was still clean, been meaning to do it for a while :lol:

IMG_7671_zpsqxkv1jrh.jpg

My name is Carl by the way just in case :lol:

The car looked seriously tidy over the weekend Carl. :smt023

Thanks folks but simons looked amazing too. I dont think my first one was like that when I got it new.

Just had word that my new rocker cover is all done from Spooner so that will be the next job.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

I couldn't wait long after I cleaned my rocker and paint started coming away :(

So a quick conversation to Spooner Restorations and my new cover is ready to go :)

received_700397280090525_zps4abdf5yh.jpeg

received_700397310090522_zpsilesr5qe.jpeg

received_700397303423856_zpsgcqwozd7.jpeg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Progress on this is inspirational.

Can I ask how you routed the speaker wires through into the doors? I havent looked yet but was expecting bodgery of some kind. Do enlighten me as to how you did it.

Progress on this is inspirational.

Can I ask how you routed the speaker wires through into the doors? I havent looked yet but was expecting bodgery of some kind. Do enlighten me as to how you did it.

Just threaded them through the rubber in between the door, I pushed some string through from inside the door with a long thin screwdriver, then fastened the cable to the string with electrical tape and pulled it back through.

Was a bit of a basted to get through and a few scrapes on my hands from the metal but otherwise okay.

So hopefully I should have time to do the swap over of the rocker cover I had from spooner.

I am also planning on removing the air box and giving it a proper clean while its out, and also fitting a few bits I have waiting to go on :D

IMAG1467_zpsyo22fcb2.jpg

Are they M6 bolts that are required for the earthing kit? as it has been a few years since I had one on my last ep3.

Well I grabbed a copy of the latest Auto Express to see my car in print, so here it is :D

IMG_0001_zpsjjwyk3ua.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsyczw6kr3.jpg

IMG_0003_zpszafgpr5x.jpg

They look like that could be the stock Honda photos if you ignore the footwell lights and stereo!

Just got the mag, car looks very good in there..... glad to see the EP3 got best of the rest in the top 10 :D/

So been a bit quiet of late but I am sorting a few things out.

Friday I am off work to sort out the car for Japshow, which includes swapping over the new rocker and fitting a few other things while I am there, as well as cleaning some too haha.

These arrived from a new parts contact I have found, I swear the reason Honda charge so much is for the packaging.

All new bolts for the rocker arrived, all in individual packets and all printed with Honda logos, madness.

IMAG1503_zpsjexuhdjb.jpg

Well it was time to get cracking on fitting the few bits, however I only managed to change over the rocker cover and solid shifter bushes on the gearbox.

I first removed the air box as I wanted to clean this anyway and check the filter, so was removed.

IMAG1508_zpsz4xo4ojt.jpg

IMAG1510_BURST001_zpsca4u40ug.jpg

IMAG1511_zps8qsoyj45.jpg

Very dirty towards the bottom but obviously to be expected.

This exposed the top of the gearbox and the parts I needed to replace.

IMAG1509_zpsyotfgjdt.jpg

The shifter bushes were not too bad to fit, but it was knowing what part went where in all honesty, as no instructions are provided with them.

I did check here but it seems they have changed the design since this was done, so was a little lost until google came to my rescue and I found some more recent ones. I still think they are not fitted as they should with the lock rings being the wrong way, but it all works fine and does seem smoother changing gear since fitted.

I then proceeded to remove the rocker cover, it all came off fine and no issues. I did remove the reservoir to the left to help remove it and also refit the newly painted one, rather than risking scratching it already.

IMAG1516_zpsivsvyzg8.jpg

A picture to show the new and old, obviously it would of suffered a bit of dirt but I think the refurbed one is a brighter red to start with, but it still looks great.

IMAG1517_zpsvitdhorp.jpg

Bit closer for effect :D

IMAG1518_zps8ezta7so.jpg

IMAG1519_zpsqn8dqrev.jpg

Of course while the rocker cover was off, the obligatory shots of the valves and cams, and also the cam chain workings :lol:

IMAG1520_zpsbfbbxdbl.jpg

IMAG1521_zpsqwiitf0t.jpg

New cover fitted with a Buddy Club oil cap, cleaned up spark plug cover and new bolts to freshen it up. I also replaced the gasket as well and the caps under the bolts themselves to make sure of no leaks.

I do still have a flush fit spark plug cover I had still from my FN2 that I may fit shortly, as the black and red go well, but for now will stick to that.

IMAG1522_zpscwcpeimc.jpg

Everything else all fitted back and changed the battery tie as well for a red one instead of the black one I had on before.

Never got chance to do anything else as I had to give it the once over before Japshow so still have a few things to do.

I have a stuborn gear knob that will not come off, untightened the bolt underneath but I think its been screwed down too far and the bugger will not shift :evil:

Would love to get everything out the engine bay and clean it all up, especially the engine mounts and crap that has been picked up, but don't have the time or means to do it really.

Then I went to Japshow at Santa Pod :D

IMG_8167_zpsdeq70jne.jpg

Pic of mine with the big brother :lol:

This is a lovely EP3, your attention to detail is immense. Nice to see someone else who takes detailing seriously. This makes me want to hurry up and find a EP3 sharpish. :smt055

Great work.

Been a bit busy with a new job and other stuff but finally got round to doing a few changes before the big Mimms Honda meet on Sunday.

So decided to go for a change in the dash, especially when it came up for sale on here and is OEM ;) with the addition of the Skunk2 gear knob to match up with it.

So out with the old...

IMAG1215_zpsmgw89wcz.jpg

In with the new :)

IMAG1610_zpsghydjqkm.jpg

Also got the rest of the shifter bushes to fit, so will be doing this as well, as to get the old gearknob off I had to take the whole shifter mechanism out, to get it in a vice, damn lock tight or something similar was used :mad:

Back