• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Nice those!
I assume the N77 part also means something with you having it on the mini too?
Yeah the one on the mini is my original personalised Reg I got bought for my birthday and was on my 1st Type R when they came out, I then used the reg for my usernames on the various forums, but ended up shortening it to N77.

N77 is November 77 which was when I was born, and the CEJ are my initials.

So this one I kind of had my username and initials of the car so to speak :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Very nice Carl, you going to Japfest at Silverstone?
I will be there yes, going with Honda Ep owners and Vtec owners combined.

Stopping at a hotel the night before and heading out with them :)

You going yourself?

Yes mate on the Accord stand ??? Jamie is there with the Type S Tourer he bought last year so thought I'd join him on there.

Yes mate on the Accord stand ??? Jamie is there with the Type S Tourer he bought last year so thought I'd join him on there.
You just going in the accord or you taking yours as well?

Will try and pop over if I don't see you walking around.

I used to like it at Castle Combe but hopefully getting in will be better at Silverstone.

Yeh taking the Civic mate, they said it's quite welcome on their stand. Will look out for you mate oh by the way bought a wooly mammoth!!

Should be on commission for them, use it with a quick detailer when drying off and it works wonders. I use auto finesse's finale now and spray it on before drying the water off and it really helps

All transferred and fitted, super fast from the DVLA for the certificate as I am only bought it on Tuesday.

IMAG2002_zpsmdiaomfq.jpg

IMAG2000_zps1ogmdmqw.jpg

IMAG2003_zpscbbr9hgi.jpg

IMAG2001_zpsjinavki6.jpg

Got the surrounds from trusty eBay

Well Japfest was not the greatest show for me, all went pretty good to start with

Stopped at the Premierinn in Northampton town centre and managed to get an excellent parking space :)

IMAG2041_zpsxov1jvfg.jpg

Also arranged to pick up these at the show too

20160418_113215-20160418-142409937_zpsq39skrw7.jpg

Then in the queue for my track session and this was the start of where it started to go wrong :(

IMAG2044_zpshv1xlg9f.jpg

Got a pic of me on track before it all went Pete Tong...

n77ctr_zpsdbmfycbg.jpg

On about the 4th lap of the very small circuit they had set out, I had a loss of power, which I thought was a bit odd, then started to hear a slight noise, so slowed down and came off as soon as I could, by the time I got off the noise was loud as hell, the worst noise you want to hear, bottom end knock :(

So that was the end, got the car back to my stand and then got towed out, to then call the AA.

Car is currently sat in my garage, dads friend has been to have a look and possibly a failed oil pump, or maybe not having a baffled sump but I have been around Silverstone in both previous ep3's and never had an issue with that, oil level was all okay as I checked.

So that's where I'm at at the mo :(

Oh crap, that's not good. I take it that the oil level was fine before going out on track?

Oh crap, that's not good. I take it that the oil level was fine before going out on track?
Yep all okay, and when I came off I checked it to see if it hadn't dropped it or something too.

Ah bugger! I saw the track pic on FB but have only just read this.

How are you going to approach it?

I have 3 options really.

Rebuild the engine but it's not cheap to do, but I do keep original engine as such.

Buy another engine, have found one with 49K miles and swap it over, but then in my eyes the car is not original anymore :(

Or drastically I think **** it and sell off the car in bits.

Which I have thought of doing in honesty, keeping the mini as my toy and get something else, a Focus ST-3 has been tempting me at work to do this option lol

Looks just like my old one but with full leather. :lol:

They are very enjoyable cars and sound great with a few cheap and easy mods. You know what I think though, and why I'll never own another...

Back