• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Need some Honda Technical help (FN2-57-, an array of problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just taken my car in (As its still under extended Warrenty from the dealership). My problems were as follow's (The Car is still at the Garage);

Suspension / nearside dash / near side front wing

Clicking noise, seems to be coming from the nearside suspension, although I can’t pin point where the noise is coming from, I’ve done some research, with a mixed response. Some say that this could be a bush? CV joint needs lubricating, or also, and the more likely is the Body Seem needs separating? This could also be a Build up of dirt between the two sections of the vehicle sub frame. This causes the two sections to ‘stick-slip’ under the application of braking or acceleration forces / bumps in the road.

Honda Response:

Can't recreate the noise... No problem / no cure.

High pitch, vibration when hitting the end of the V tec (7,000 RPM) / Passenger window

Owning many Type R’s, I am aware of the noise that they produce while hitting the VTEC. The noise in my car has altered over the past month or 2, and now makes a louder vibrating noise in 3rd when hitting the vtec at around 7,000 RPM (just before you change gear). It sounds like something is vibrating near the passengers window.

Honda Response:

Can't recreate the noise... No problem / no cure.

Clutch Noise

There is a noise coming from the clutch, only when at biting point in 1st gear (2-3mph). This can really be heard best going at very low speeds, with the clutch held at a biting point. Defo a Chewbacca type Noise, maybe slightly worse when cold, but I am positive it happens even when warm.

Honda Response:

Honda UK are aware of the problem, but no Fix available? My question is: How long does it take to create a fix? If a fix becomes available, after my Warrenty has expired, then what rights have I got to get my Clutch sorted with the Fix?

Locating 3rd Gear from Cold / Gear Pop’s out.

Quite often, the gear will pop out of gear, just as I have changed into 3rd, occasionally grinds.

Honda Response:

Can't recreate the problem... No problem / no cure. (Although I am fairly certain this is a common fault, The transmission has a faulty 3rd gear synchronizer or 3-4 shift sleeve. CORRECTIVE ACTION Replace the 3rd gear set. Failed Part: P/N 23444-PNS-306 H/C 7407042 Defect Code: 03214 Symptom Code: 04101

Can anyone help with anything that I can give to the dealer to try and correct these problem. Most of the problems are noise related, and don't happen every time I sit in the car (Apart from the clutch and vibration noise). Do they have to recreate the problem in the Garage, can they not just go on what I have told them?

HELP PLEASE!

Non Issue meaning the car will continue to function correctly? but with a noise? I've just heard back from my dealer regarding the above clutch issue and a Hint and Tips docket stating that You can have the Clutch and Flywheel replaced under warrenty, although the noise could return. So I had requested the dealer to do just that, but they have replied with this:

The hint and Tips was updated on 09/12/2010 In which it states we are not to strip or attempt to repair a vehicle with this
Issue until further notice.

Take it to another dealer.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?65848-Gearbox-problem!!&p=687329&viewfull=1#post687329

As per this post on the third gear, I had this replaced under warranty. If you speak to the Service Manager at Gordon's Honda in Wigan, they will be able to give you the service bulletin number for it, but it is mentioned on here tbh number 3.

Number 7 (highlighted) is the noise on the clutch.

clutchHonda.jpg

Mine was grinding going into third and popping out.

Just seen this thread/post: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...n-pulling-away&p=800646&viewfull=1#post800646

This is why it is frowned upon to post the same thing it two different threads.

:smt075

Sorry, My bad! I've just been contacted by Honda UK, they have told me that the clutch fix will be released in 2 weeks time! So it maybe worth giving everyone a head's up on that! As for the other problems, unfortunately Honda UK have said that a technician has to identify the problem, before applying any fix. My main problem at the moment is making the problem happen at the click of my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back