• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Neuspeed Short Shift Kit

Look what arrived in the post this morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeuspeedShortShift.jpg

CTR_Paul said:
Careful not to go dropping any screws when you fit it :wink:

I was thinking that. I might tie a string to each screw including the hex key just in case. Knowing me, it will fall!

It does work, I felt it improved the precision of the shift, certainly made the 1st > 2nd gear change feel a little better.

Just installed this. :D And it does make a noticeable difference! I would say the throw is about a quarter less (or even more (if you know what I mean)) in each gear. Excellent mod. I would recommend it to anyone.

One piece of advice to anyone installing this. Get a spool of string and tie it to everything that you are touching - the spanner, the screws, the piece of plating of the short shift kit and especially the hex key used to turn the screws in. I dropped the hex key three times :shock: and luckily it was attached to the string or it would have gone down the black hole that is the console. I dropped the short shift kit plating once. :evil: Luckily, I managed not to drop any screws as I only coiled the string onto them instead of tying a knot.
Also, I found that it was hard to get short shift kit to "slide" into place. I had to use a wrench plier like this to force it into place:
VIS-8R.jpg

Can anyone tell me whether their kit plating was a perfect fit? Mine seemed not to be able to sit flush against the main kit piece at the gear stick end as the gear stick is a bit too wide.

good tip... I was dropping nuts, bolts, screwdrivers down the engine bay installing my icebox... had to jolt the car several times to get it to fall out! :oops:

I went for the Buddy Club shifter in the end, works on the left/right as well as the up/down :D

- Kevin.

Back