• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they decide to pull out a small engine turbo charged car. Which there has been talks about.

When we were at Mugen, the Honda and the Mugen guys where explaining to us that Honda see themselves at the front of pushing things forward and that at the moment they see hybrid technology as something that is very close to becoming 'everyday' and want to be the for-runners in delivering the best 'next gen' engines and vehicles.

Therefor for Honda to drop that philosophy and just roll with a small capacity FI engine I find unlikly, they will probably use the small FI engine but along with a engery cell (Hybrid) to push Honda on and to show that they can produce a 'hot' hybrid car.

Also, just for the record I reckon Honda would use a SC over a turbo, like they have done with the Mugen CRZ.

Is this the new Honda Civic car model which is coming in the start of 2012??
And what are they giving it a name like the previous model had a name of Honda Civic Reborn...!!

When we were at Mugen, the Honda and the Mugen guys where explaining to us that Honda see themselves at the front of pushing things forward and that at the moment they see hybrid technology as something that is very close to becoming 'everyday' and want to be the for-runners in delivering the best 'next gen' engines and vehicles.

Therefor for Honda to drop that philosophy and just roll with a small capacity FI engine I find unlikly, they will probably use the small FI engine but along with a engery cell (Hybrid) to push Honda on and to show that they can produce a 'hot' hybrid car.

Also, just for the record I reckon Honda would use a SC over a turbo, like they have done with the Mugen CRZ.

I agree with everything you said here from the off, an intelligent post, just a musing - Honda were always anti-diesel then came out with a campaign based on 'who better to make a diesel engine than its biggest critic?' Perhaps they will do the same for small FI engines...?

I agree with everything you said here from the off, an intelligent post, just a musing - Honda were always anti-diesel then came out with a campaign based on 'who better to make a diesel engine than its biggest critic?' Perhaps they will do the same for small FI engines...?

Yes very true, so as a 'maybe' I'd have to agree.

http://www.turbo.fr/photos-voiture/photos-salon-francfort-2011-honda-civic-2012-105512.html

028C01EA04567156-photo-honda-civic-2012.jpg

028C01EA04567158-photo-honda-civic-2012.jpg

028C01EA04567160-photo-honda-civic-2012.jpg

028C01EA04567162-photo-honda-civic-2012.jpg

028C01EA04567170-photo-honda-civic-2012.jpg

Has elements about the Insight? from it maybe. Touch of CRZ in the interior too. I wouldn't say it was a fantastic nor daring move from them, sort of what one would expect the next Civic to look like?

Interior doesn't look particularly spacious to me, though in real life it could be very different.

Very CRZ-esque inside.

Its okay, but I guess this is as exciting as it will get from Honda now?

To me it looks more like a heavy facelift than a next-gen car. If it passed me, it wouldn't strike me as too different from the current Gen; that's not to say I can't see the differences.

I'm not sure a Mugen fiddled one would do anything for me, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back