• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;tk4uH5-u_oo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk4uH5-u_oo[/video]

The new civic has been spotted at Silverstone

scaled.php

There will be a few out on loan to the press for reviews and the like. TG seem to get reviews up a couple of months before release date.

First cars are supposed to be out in Jan, T grade cars (nav) will be around in March so no incentive to be getting one of the early ones.

Prices have been announced so far, but no mention of the new engines they have been touting.

SE 1.4 £16,495
SE 1.8 £17,995
SE 2.2 £20,095

ES 1.8 £18,995
ES 2.2 £21,095

Add satnav (T grade) onto the above for a grand.

EX 1.8 £21,745
EX 2.2 £23,845

EXGT 1.8 £24,495
EXGT 2.2 £26,595

Collision Mitigation Brake System (CMBS) + £1,900 on EXGT
Auto + £1,385 (1.8 only)

Joke to be honest, £28,495 for an EXGT with the CMBS before options. :evil:

Utter cr@p, design will be limited now as they will have a hybrid variant which means they will need space for EDIT - Batteries.

The best Type-R's were engineered to be just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be a few out on loan to the press for reviews and the like. TG seem to get reviews up a couple of months before release date.

First cars are supposed to be out in Jan, T grade cars (nav) will be around in March so no incentive to be getting one of the early ones.

Prices have been announced so far, but no mention of the new engines they have been touting.

SE 1.4 £16,495
SE 1.8 £17,995
SE 2.2 £20,095

ES 1.8 £18,995
ES 2.2 £21,095

Add satnav (T grade) onto the above for a grand.

EX 1.8 £21,745
EX 2.2 £23,845

EXGT 1.8 £24,495
EXGT 2.2 £26,595

Collision Mitigation Brake System (CMBS) + £1,900 on EXGT
Auto + £1,385 (1.8 only)

Joke to be honest, £28,495 for an EXGT with the CMBS before options. :evil:

WTF.

They're very expensive.

Wasn't the EP3 like £17k with Air Con?

Yep and people will buy them, Honda UK failed 10 years ago, did we really think they would change now!

They are into ex demo CR-V and Accord prices there and you'd be daft to even get one of those looking at the depreciation they see after 12 months.

I think you'll get the usual diehards who will run out and buy them, there will be some cars go out as Motorbillity (though most will go for the Jazz), and there will be company car sales due to low emissions and therefore company car tax.

After 12 months Honda will see sales slump and will have to start heavily discounting them meaning huge depreciation for those who rushed out and bought the early ones.

No thanks Honda. No matter how much you've improved the ride and refinement you've dropped the ball with this pricing model and as has been said there is much better metal out there for £28k.

Our current two Civics will be our last I suspect, unless we buy one of the heavily depreciated 12 month old cars, complete with ex owner still crying on the forecourt with what he's just got back on it.

Just one final thought. I know Honda have said in the past there will be no Type R, but there are rumours now that they are looking at making a "Sporty" model. Where would this fit in with the pricing? £25-26k before nav options and alloy upgrades? Err, no thanks. Almost makes a M20 look like good value.

I have no interest in Honda's newer cars if I'm honest. Unless I buy a FD2 next, I'll definately be moving away from Honda.

I have no interest in Honda's newer cars if I'm honest. Unless I buy a FD2 next, I'll definately be moving away from Honda.

Same, though if things go to plan, I'll have some form of Honda stripped and with a cage for play purposes only.

German cars (particularly BMWs) look very tempting.

So hopefully bimmer of some sort as the daily, and Honda for weekend/track.

I've had / driven many many BMW's and I can honestly say that they are all cr@p. IMO of course.

For me a daily car would some form of automatic Honda Hybrid. Had two loved them especially the ridiculous cheap insurance, £10 road tax and a million miles to the gallon on unleaded.

Seeing it today, it would be a most definate no. There is no reason ever to make rear lights stick out a good 2" further than any of the other bodywork! it looks like its got a giant pimple.

It makes the FN2 look good in comparision!

Honda need new designers, the current range is dismal imho. Except the CRV. Well, I would say that wouldn't I as I own one.

Geoff. (The geriatric) :lol:

Seeing it today, it would be a most definate no. There is no reason ever to make rear lights stick out a good 2" further than any of the other bodywork! it looks like its got a giant pimple.

It makes the FN2 look good in comparision!

Couldn't agree more, I noticed half the back end was covered by that screen :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back