• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Npoi they are a cvt revs are wired no matter what speeds you do it's always at 2000rpn

Ah, maybe it was the Insights that had paddles. No idea if it was for the gears, probably radio controls! :D

I want her to get a CR-V TBH, I can see myself rolling about in one of those at the weekends. She is dead set on the new Civic though. Has to be Red or Blue. :rolleyes:

Always picks the awkward to keep clean colours does the wife, i.e. NHB on her current car. I've stopped cleaning it now, she can FOAD.

The new Civic will never be available as a three-door?!

That's what they are saying. It's all about the money.

If they aren't making a Type R, then I don't think they'd sell many 3 doors anyway.

Oh and by the way, I'm 99% convinced the new "hot" Civic will see the return of the VTI badge.

That's what they are saying. It's all about the money.

If they aren't making a Type R, then I don't think they'd sell many 3 doors anyway.

Oh and by the way, I'm 99% convinced the new "hot" Civic will see the return of the VTI badge.

Having recently read a few Honda-based articles that I should've remembered to promulgate here, I'm getting the feeling they're zooming in on the market for the Civic into just the reliable trolley that most Civics are used as. They seem to be leaning towards introducing at least one new sports car in place, perhaps, of the Type R.

I reckon the hot Civic is gone, and something else will fill its niche, something non-Civic.

Talk given by a South African chap from Honda. Told us all about the car, no sales patter and let us have a good nosy round the car. He did say the 10 demos that were going round would be crushed at the end of the previews. Seemed strange, but I can understand it as they are pre-production so not typical of what people will be buying etc.

Honda's take on the new Civic is that it is a baby Accord and spec'd to similar levels. Very much all about design and its Eco credentials.

The one we saw was very similar in colour to Cosmic Grey on the 7th gen. Suited the car really.

Quite impressed, the wife is sold, she's having one.

1.8 ES manual, probably the ES-T to be honest. ES comes with rain sensitive wipers, auto head lights, dual zone climate, reverse camera etc. The only thing it is missing over the current EX is the nav. The ES-T will have that though.

The 9th Gen EX has leather seats and nav essentially over the ES. The wife doesn't like leather seats and you can't spec an EX without them, so there seems no point for her. The enhanced sound system in the EX also means there is a sub in the boot. Looks good, but meant that our pram that easily fits in our 8th gen would only go in the boot if put in a specific way, and then only just. Seemed a bit of a sacrifice in width for the sake of a speaker.

The EX GT that they had there had bi-xenons, adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation detection and keyless entry/start etc. Not worth the extra to the wife plus it has leather which she didn't want.

So makes a change from her not wanting the top spec model.

The interior is lovely to be honest. You can't appreciate it until you sit in one. Only downside for the wife is that she thought there was less visibility out of the rear. She said it seemed narrower out of the rear window.

There was mention of a fast Civic, probably a diesel which I'm guessing will be the proper usage of the Type S badge like with the Accord and maybe a Type R for around 2015. I'm still sticking by the VTI badge.

There was also talk of a people carrier, a small car around the size of a smart car and another car that is still under wraps.

^ Nice. Have you read the articles about the reintroduction of the NSX? I can only imagine at this stage it's total **** but it's been reported that it will debut at one of the upcoming car shows - Tokyo I think - with the BRZ and co... I could be talking rubbish.

I cant take to this new Civic at all, and I dont know why. There is just something about it I dont like and I can't put my finger on it.

So in the trim you'd want with the desiesel engine it's be £26,595 less options. :shock:

So in the trim you'd want with the desiesel engine it's be £26,595 less options. :shock:

Jayne doesn't want leather and on the ex and ex gt you've no option, you get it. So that leaves the es-t which has everything she has on the current ex.

I've been looking at some of the new car discount sites where dealers bid you a price and petrol is around £17.5k, diesel is £19k.

Cheapest I've seen the ex gt with the collision mitigation detection etc with a diesel is £23.5k.

List price can FOAD.

It's still expensive for a Civic though? EP3 type R with Aircon was around £17 new was it not?

Chris, that was 2001, prices on pretty much everything have increased at least 50% since then, with the extra VAT on top too.

A 1.4 Astra is 20k now. lol.

Yeah I think list with AC was £17500.

New type R is non existent right now, no plans, no talk.

New NSX is coming though.

There is a civic turbo type r in the pipe line but it has no release date yet. The NSX is in 2 years I think.

I'm still convinced they will call it a Type S like with the quicker Accord or return to the VTi badge. It just won't be a Type R by heritage any longer with the Euro Emissions and safety regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back