• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 New arrival....FD2 *with some night time pics*

Early start on Sunday morning and collected the new baby - WOW!

Even better than the test drive. Have since managed to put 350 miles on her delivery mileage and that was without any ICE install which says a lot!!!

Got the upgraded alarm...Clifford concept 650 with total closure module...still swithering on the intellistart?!?!?

Alpine ICE being planned for this week - although if anyone has any advice on a double din unit at good prices I would appreciate. Preferrably Alpine (or equivalent) with 2/3 pre-outs DVD and sat nav?!?

Apologies for not the best of pics as its now dark, but I'll def get some decent ones done at the weekend and especially once my ICE is installed.
Cheers.

Hey Elton, was speaking to you at 'the other place'.
Can't wait to get mine. Is the clifford much better than the Cobra that Litchfields fit as standard?

Why not Clifford....they are cat 1 rated and offer superb security and very slick modules like total closure and intellistart. They also come highly recommended and rated by most.

Cheers.

Just a personal thing tbh mate.

Had too many friends with these playing up & causing no end of grief.
As long as the alarm is CAT 1 then it is only as good as the engineer that installs it tbh ;)

Car looks great though :twisted:

Hey Elton, was speaking to you at 'the other place'.
Can't wait to get mine. Is the clifford much better than the Cobra that Litchfields fit as standard?

Hi Mate,

Cobra is certainly a well recognised brand and I had a choice of aftermarkets to consider including Cobra, Viper, Avital, Hornet, etc.

Clifford's 'Thatcham Category-1' system meets and exceeds the highest standards of the UK insurance industry.

The Concept 650's built-in tandem immobiliser circuit is self-arming soon after you park so that your vehicle always remains protected, and these main electronics also reside in an armoured-steel enclosure as an added security measure.

Everyone's choice at the end of the day - but I took the clifford with SmartWindows (total closure) module and I am also considering the Intellistart module too.

Cheers.

Sounds good mate.

I would say one of the best double dins sat navs is the one litchys had on their demo car. Can't remember the model number but it can be picked up for around £700 ish and does what you want. Touch screen, tons of connections and garmin satnav built in. Personally I didn't like the fit, there was a slight overhang at the top of the unit.

Just a personal thing tbh mate.

Had too many friends with these playing up & causing no end of grief.
As long as the alarm is CAT 1 then it is only as good as the engineer that installs it tbh ;)

Car looks great though :twisted:

I know what you mean I won't be buying another Clifford. I couldn't stand the alarm I had on my last car and left it installed when I PX’d it for the CTR.

The only way the Clifford could operate the central locking was for the interior light fuse to be removed. The proximity sensor was always playing up and setting the alarm off a 5am, not to mention the endless chirping during windy nights.

Back