• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New car, R32 Golf, V6 ftw. Launch control vid PG13.

So have you tried something else in the car, another device to check that input is fine?

I know you've had the wiring out, but it could be a fault on the head unit for the aux in.

The head unit doesn't store settings for each source? i.e. balance is set in the centre after you connect the iPod?

Tried a different iPod lead? Tried a different iPod?

If it was a common thing it would be all over R32OC, and I'm guessing it's not as you're asking Stoo.

It's all hard wired in so trying a different lead isn't possible. I've tried a different iPod. Settings are all okay too.

I imagine it would be more common in diesel golfs or something like that, they do an in glovebox docking station too.

I like the wheels and the black grille, but I am guessing lots of ££££ for .5 second, real life not alot

I just paid 1k for RNS510 and MK6 Climatronic with a new iPod dock so maybe next month, someone over on R32oc has recently had it done and is doing a review and video. If you're not 100% happy they will remove it and give you your money back.

They reckon up to 30bhp on a standard car. I found out you can buy a Gruppe M for these things, lol.

I won't be adding any induction. Standard is fine.

Beard, the engine and gearbox map is the price of a second hand KPRO ECU.

Couple of little things.

The keys were worse for wear so I got two new ones and changed everything over with R line badges.

32c53e81.jpg

37e6b806.jpg

10c4a449.jpg

Sooooo, fitted RNS510 and MK6 Climatronic with new iPod lead. My fingers hurt but my god it looks good.

Need to do some more bits to finish off but the main bit is done now.

f62401fe.jpg

f4bbfed9.jpg

66cd7bd4.jpg

7115343c.jpg

267d3f4e.jpg

9a49ee9b.jpg

6eba11ad.jpg

5aeecc0e.jpg

846b336d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys.

Tom, the parrot kit is spot on, clear, easy to use and works with Siri.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good mike. I need that climate control off button. Have a secret one in mine, you file the back of the blanking plate off and it works :lol:

Oh and Tom I have had a Parrot for years and they are great, cheap and work very well. I have the older version of Mikes and its still going strong. Plug and play, just make sure you tape up all the wiring and there is quite a bit and you don't want it to rattle

Yeah, crazy amount of wires behind that dash. This climatronic comes with an Air Quality Sensor. Basically, if you're sat behind a horrible diesel, it will shut off the airs access into the car, only when it senses nice fresh air it let's it back in.

The RNS510 is a real quality piece of kit, I can watch DVD in motion, listen to music via my iPod, SD card, CD, or by installing music tracks on the 60Gb HDD. The sat nav and music track text is all linked in with the MFD on the dash board and it is all controlled via the steering wheel. It charges my iPod/iPhone too. Well impressed, I'm just waiting on the aerial adaptor that the gent forgot to send out. There's a wire swap on the climatronic to do too, only takes 10 mins to remove the whole dash so not to much fuss.

RNS510 is awesome.
7 digit postcode nav too.

Had them in both my Leon's. The A3 I have now has RNS-e and it's nowhere near as good.

Back