• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

Even with that positive outcome money wise, I keep wondering if the FL5 will be £12k 'better' than the FK8. No doubt it will be the better car, but is it going to be that much better to justify the change? Be good if it is.
I love my FK8, it is without doubt one of the very best cars I have ever owned, but the FL5 will be the last manual ICE Type R to be built.
For that reason alone I want one.

Promised September then mid October, well it’s 18th tomorrow and no news. I said to myself last week no news on Monday I’m out, but going to give it until Monday next week. Problem is what to buy, my Emira won’t arrive until earliest September next year.
I was told end of October...

Got a meeting set up with Honda tomorrow morning :p

They keep phoning to say they want our FK8 & are willing to pay over the odds for it ;)

Have had 3 valuations on it already @ Non Honda dealerships & was pleasantly surprised :cool:

New car ordered from BMW with a build date in December this year (fingers crossed this doesn't change) :)

Just back in from Honda :D

£29,150 for our Civic :cool:

Sounds impressive but not much more than everybody else has offered TBH !

That offer stands for a week so they'd want to take the car off us pretty much straight away o_O

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we're driving 4 adults & luggage to Gatwick Airport on the 4th November in what exactly ?

Was also asking about the FL5 & was told that lots of people who have already put deposits down are going to be disappointed as the UK numbers will be in the 100s (as others have already mentioned) :confused:

Last edited:
Thats a great price Mark, what year ,mileage is your car, I am guessing 2019/20 for such a good offer?

If rumours that the FL5 could break 50k prove true, you can add another £5k to that.

Definitely the servicing not sure about the rest :)

If the car we've ordered isn't ready by 1st March 2023 we'll just pay the settlement figure & keep the FK8 until it is ready :cool:

As you said the FK8 is a great car :p

Honda have just been on the phone again I kid you not :D

They know we need to do an airport run on 4th Nov & they're willing to wait until after that !

My FK8 was in for a service last week and two people went to sales to ask if it was available. Definitely a market out there, which will only increase if the FL5 is £45k+

Has anyone in the uk put down a deposit on the new car .... l have tryed a few dealerships and surprisingly don't have much information on it .....does anyone know about delivery dates uk spec..pricing .ect

I thought I saw on Pistonheads that UK pricing was going to be released on Oct 27th but I am yet to read anything. Would you pay £45k plus for one?

What's going on in the UK, no pricing, cars not at dealers, yet they have them already in the US. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What's going on in the UK, no pricing, cars not at dealers, yet they have them already in the US. :rolleyes:
I didn't know there were any in the UK?
Like many I have a £500 deposit on one, apparently 4th in line at my local dealer.
The price in the US is around $44k, usually its around the same in £ when it gets here.
Some people in the US are paying north of $72, 000 for one!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited, I meant to say US.

£45k and I might bite (if any are available). Any more and they can jog on.

Also depends on the PCP rates as I have a lot of cash tied up in my M3 which I would look to release and instead invest elsewhere.

I can't help but chuckle at all the 'Yanks' on the FB group. America seems a hateful place to live at the best of times; yet dealerships being allowed to virtually double the asking price of a vehicle (in some cases) over RRP is disgraceful behaviour.

Owning a new vehicle shouldn't be about who has the deepest pockets. State a price; first come, first served. No other BS.

I've edited, I meant to say US.

£45k and I might bite (if any are available). Any more and they can jog on.

Also depends on the PCP rates as I have a lot of cash tied up in my M3 which I would look to release and instead invest elsewhere.

HONDA PCP / HP is currently 6.9%

Like many I have a £500 deposit on one, apparently 4th in line at my local dealer.
The price in the US is around $44k, usually its around the same in £ when it gets here.
Some people in the US are paying north of $72, 000 for one!!
Do you mind if ask which dealer isthat with.......the ones l have ask don't seem to have a clue

Do you mind if ask which dealer isthat with.......the ones l have ask don't seem to have a clue

Honda Chiswick , Wimbledon, Reading are some that I know people have pre deposits down with. I could have put a pre deposit down as early as 1st of sep from memory (with Wimbledon)

Truthfully with how few are coming in 2023 if your not already on a pre deposit list I'd say getting a car is unrealistic until 24/25 when supply hopefully improves. Unless honda uk decide to bypass the pre deposits and launch the car online only (like toyota did with the gr86) which sold out in a matter of minutes from memory.

My Pre-deposit is with Riverside Honda Wakefield. They have called a couple of times just to say they still have no info on price or availability!
I also have a deposit on a GR86, I really hope Honda don't go online as Toyota have been a complete shit-show.
More than a hundred cars have been sat in Derby since June, mine has yet to go in build.

Honda Chiswick , Wimbledon, Reading are some that I know people have pre deposits down with. I could have put a pre deposit down as early as 1st of sep from memory (with Wimbledon)

Truthfully with how few are coming in 2023 if your not already on a pre deposit list I'd say getting a car is unrealistic until 24/25 when supply hopefully improves. Unless honda uk decide to bypass the pre deposits and launch the car online only (like toyota did with the gr86) which sold out in a matter of minutes from memory.
I have done l bit of investigating rang honda Chiswick and they have a at least 15 deposits down on the car and honda Wakefield have 10 .....with numbers being restricted for 2023 not sure all these orders will be met. And thats only two dealers l phoned. l imagine its the same at other dealerships......

Back