• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

Unless things have changed (I lost interest) we are looking at 200-300 cars total for 2023
So yes lots of people with pre deposits are going to be refunded.

My Emira is now due February 2024, so I think I’m pleased I didn’t pull my deposit on the basis the Civic will arrive.

My dealer said he had more than 15, I’m thinking of taking my car if I get one (number 1 slot) keeping until Emira arrives and sell on if so few are coming in doubt I’ll lose much or anythI got.

It isn’t just Honda, Lotus and Toyota have issues, aren’t all the latest GT86s somewhat delayed waiting to be shipped for an unknown reason?

My Emira is now due February 2024, so I think I’m pleased I didn’t pull my deposit on the basis the Civic will arrive.

My dealer said he had more than 15, I’m thinking of taking my car if I get one (number 1 slot) keeping until Emira arrives and sell on if so few are coming in doubt I’ll lose much or anythI got.

It isn’t just Honda, Lotus and Toyota have issues, aren’t all the latest GT86s somewhat delayed waiting to be shipped for an unknown reason?
There are over a hundred GR86 that have been shipped & have been sat in Derby since early Summer. Something to do with the Brakes & ECU programming.
These are the people who got their orders in very early. My order was confirmed @ 10.36 & hasn't gone into build yet.
IF I can secure a FL5 for Spring I will flip the GR86 & hopefully make a few bob.

Wow, all manufacturers are having challenges, you wonder whether these shortfalls have caused them to go to companies who aren’t tried and tested and as such finding issues causing delays.

remarkable it is nearly mid November and nothing on the Honda front.

Worrying if you want a new decent car it’s looking like putting money down well in advance before driving or even seeing the car. I’ve yet to see an Emira in the flesh or an FL5, let alone drive one although got my invite for the Emira, but declined as waiting on the AMG powered one,

So apparently FL5 on Top Gear on Sunday,

Spec sheet below.

Here’s hoping we here the price on Top Gear.

Attachments

• Civic_Type_R_Sales_EN_Spec_Sheet.pdf
    487.2 KB · Views: 31
I've got my FK8 booked in for a service tomorrow with Honda and they rang me today to double check the appointment and to ask if I want my car valued. I said no, but we got onto the FL5 and they said the UK allocation is only 300 units, countrywide and that the price will be 'fifty-something.' I still can't believe this.

I see Honda UK tweeted today that price and specs will be revealed on 30th November. Crappy infotainment aside, I'm still mega happy with my FK8. Had it two years now, and I've had 40 cars in 19 years of driving so for me to stick with a car says something! When I go to my local Costa Coffee and sit there sipping a cappuccino, I love looking at it sat there outside thinking how ridiculous and mental it looks. No matter how good the FL5 is, I'll never think that about it. Although I do love the new interior, can I swap mine out?!

I spoke to my Dealer yesterday & they were confident it would be £42k. "fifty-something" is madness!
In other markets its around 5-6k more than the FK8 was.
If that logic was applied here it should creep in just under £40k.
I promised myself if was any more I would keep the FK8 ?
If Harris loves it on Sunday night Honda will be besieged with phone calls.
Maybe thats why they are waiting until the 30/11 before announcing the price!

Exactly. The only way you could import from Japan at book price would be if you could somehow manage to convince a Honda dealership to part with the car at RRP privately and then arrange the importation with a separate company. Very unlikely. Especially as I can't see any vehicles not being put through auction first; resulting in the inflated prices that the American market seem to be paying.

Seems likely that's the price then, Honda said there was going to be an announcement on Nov 30 and this was posted a few minutes after midnight.

47k is great for FK8 owners, but probably not for prospective buyers though!

£46,995 plus paint. (Sonic grey is the only free colour)

Yikes.

f58a0aa0bb5b5aa6e5e1488b131f35b2.jpg

Back