• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

Seems likely that's the price then, Honda said there was going to be an announcement on Nov 30 and this was posted a few minutes after midnight.

47k is great for FK8 owners, but probably not for prospective buyers though!
Think I'm out at that price. I have an FK8 though, why is it good for me??

£47k is ridiculous, especially if you've got an FK8, even more so if it's paid off.

Might go give mine an actual wash as it's going nowhere :)

New member here. Joined up after putting down a £500 deposit on a FL5 in July. I got a test drive in an FK8 and waited too long to put a deposit down, so missed out on it! I currently have an order on a GR Yaris which I placed in May 2021 but that still hasn’t arrived either :mad: Been told it’s on a ship right enough somewhere near the Suez Canal.

Spoke to my Honda dealer yesterday he’s been pretty helpful, sounds like Honda are wanting all customer pre-order details just now (pick two colours / finance or cash / current address) with the idea of opening and placing official orders 2nd week in January. I think if you don’t have a preorder deposit down you have no chance of getting one he even suggested to me it’s pot luck for people who do have a deposit down, which is bloody annoying since I paid my deposit back in July!

I think if you have and FK8 especially a last facelift model you would be insane to swap given the price hike but for those of us who don’t have one I think it’s maybe worth it, I will definitely be taking it if I get an opportunity to get one, personally I think £47k is a bargain nothing else in this bracket comes close for me, I think the Type R now is probably the closest thing you can get to a Porsche GT product at half the price

Just asked for my pre-deposit back. I was in at just under 40k but at this price we will keep the FK8.
@BOOSTFAN Ye I think if you’re lucky enough to have an FK8 you would be mad to change I get it’s a lot of money. My hope is that there is quite a lot of FK8 owners put off by the big price hike and maybe allocation is easier for those of us without. Think you’ve probaby made the right call though sticking with the FK8

I've gota facelift FK8 and Honda called me yesterday to tell me I've got an FL5 if I want it. Was planning to drop in on Saturday to what part ex and finance looked like but thinking of pulling out as that price is mad.

I've gota facelift FK8 and Honda called me yesterday to tell me I've got an FL5 if I want it. Was planning to drop in on Saturday to what part ex and finance looked like but thinking of pulling out as that price is mad.

I suspect your allocation will be long gone (1 per dealership is the brief)

I suspect your allocation will be long gone (1 per dealership is the brief)
I heard something similar dealer said to me yesterday the area manager for Scotland and N.England has briefed all North of England and Scotland franchises dealers that unofficially approx 200 for the whole of 2023. With only 155 franchise dealers in the UK there might be a few that end up with 2 or 3 and maybe a few garages that don’t get any ‍♂️

In order to give myself the best opportunity I have put a £500 deposit down with two dealers one is a really big dealership in Edinburgh he said he’s had 9 notes of inquiry and 3 pre order deposits paid. The other dealer is smaller and a bit more local he said he had 2 or 3 notes of interest but so far I was the only person to pay a preorder deposit with that particular garage. He thinks the price will put people off a bit, generally 80% of the market wants 4WD and Dual clutch tech for this sort of money. They are quite a small outfit though so they might not get any!

I wonder what the appetite will be at that price. The dealer didn't try and change my mind when I cancelled which suggests he's got plenty of other interest. The price is crazy. £10k more than US list.

I'm not sure what all of the furore around the price is.

It was common knowledge it was going to be priced between £45k and £50k--just because people didn't believe or agree with it didin't mean it wasn't going to be true!

My CW FL5 order was confirmed with Honda UK on Wednesday--if your dealer has not confirmed your order by now I fear you are going to miss out on the first round of allocations.

I've heard from a reliable source the UK total allocation is going to be in the low hundreds--in the order of 300, mainly due to Cafe fleet emision regs.....

If you want one, better act sooner rather than later.

Chris.

This might work out quite well for me! I bought an FK8 until the Emira arrives. Luckily it’s coming in Feb time and I was a little concerned the new FL5 would tank FK8 values went it was launched. Can’t imagine there will be many people following through at 47k though!

I’d be wary or bank on values of FK8 or FL5 will hold, we are very early into the worst financial period in my lifetime (47 yo btw). Genuinely believe the car market is going to take a bath next year. Don’t know if anyone has tried to get a new mortgage rate yet but mine will increase more than I paid in HP monthlies for my old FK8, energy bill treble! in fact I pay more in energy than my old monthlies now ☹

It will impact us and I would describe us as above average in terms of household income. There will be a lot of people when they come to chop their car in will find they can not afford the next one or even afford to refinance.

just for balance I bought a 718 GT4 this year, the value of that car has dropped a lot more than Id care to admit, I could see it happening so got out quickly. So if it is impacting the Porsche GT market sure as hell it will impact all other manufacturers.

This might work out quite well for me! I bought an FK8 until the Emira arrives. Luckily it’s coming in Feb time and I was a little concerned the new FL5 would tank FK8 values went it was launched. Can’t imagine there will be many people following through at 47k though!

You did well to get a February order, must have put a deposit down very early. I wanted I4 and quite late to put deposit down so looking at Q3 2024!!

Back