• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New CTR owner saying hi

Hi gents (and ladies)

I'm the proud new owner of a 2002/52 CTR in silver, 60k on the clock, full local Honda history. I've been having a nose around the forum and it seems like a friendly and useful place for discussion and advice, so I'm looking forward to getting involved!

moddedgd0.jpg

I know new owners asking questions can get a bit tedious, but please humour me!

I paid £7.5k for the car. I'm pretty sure I overpaid a bit, but I've been hankering after one for a while, and after my last car gave up on me it was a bit of a rush buy, and there doesn't tend to be too many that crop up around here from what I've seen (Norwich). What would you have looked to pay for a car like this from a dealer?

I had a look at the FAQs and there was a section on getting wheels reconditioned. Mine are a bit tatty, with kerbing on each wheel. I've been told by the dealer that there's a place nearby that can sort them for £35 a wheel and do a god job. The other option would be a set of refurbs from somewhere like www.pxwheels.com for £240. What do you think is my best option?

Does anybody keep running the Potenza tyres once they need replacing?
I'm sure they're good, but are they worth the circa £160? A local trye place can do Dunlops for £81 a pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the site....personally id get the wheels powder coated and ull be lookin around 50 bucks a wheel....as for price u always expect to pay slightly more from a dealers so i wouldnt say it was far off anyway...and i have kept the potenzas on em...maybe not best choice for winter driving but now the suns comin out they grip like fcuk imo

Hi and welcome to TRO, i would get your wheel powder coated as the finish will be better and you will find Yokohama Parada Spec2 are as good as the Bridgestone but only cost £60 each, they dont quite seem as hard wearing but and not as noisy as the Bridgestone

Thanks for the replies.

Can anyone recommend anywhere online to buy the Yoko or Toyo tyres that have been recommended? I can only find the Yokohama at the price mentioned on eBay with a 40 profile.

www.camskill.co.uk fella

i paid £132 delivered for 2 x Yoko Parada spec 2. The standard CTR size is 205/45/17 but i went for 215/40/17, as many others do, for increased grip

Nice car by the way. If you bought it from Honda then £7500 isn`t overpaying

Howdy , Nice to see another fellow Norwich driver.. there is a few of us about on here :eek:

Was the servicing done at Holden Honda.
A few peeps from Norwich use a place in Beccles i believe for powder coating of wheels..failing that there is a Guy who does rim refurb round the corner from Holden Honda.. ;)

I could get his card for you if you want .

hi mate i'm a new member too had my ctr for a couple of months their the bizz! got toyo proxes on mine,got my wheels refurbed £40 each, make the car look much better:)

Howdy , Nice to see another fellow Norwich driver.. there is a few of us about on here :eek:

Was the servicing done at Holden Honda.
A few peeps from Norwich use a place in Beccles i believe for powder coating of wheels..failing that there is a Guy who does rim refurb round the corner from Holden Honda.. ;)

I could get his card for you if you want .

Hello mate. Yeah all the servicing has been done at Holden, which was a major plus point in the sale. Any idea what they're like in general?

Is the guy you're talking about round the corner Bruce Alexander at BA wheels? If so I went there today and was quoted £280 + VAT for acid dipping, shot blasting and powder coating. Some of their cheaper finishes are £250 + VAT.

Any idea what the place in Beccles is called or where I could get their number?

Hi and welcome to TRO, i would get your wheel powder coated as the finish will be better and you will find Yokohama Parada Spec2 are as good as the Bridgestone but only cost £60 each, they dont quite seem as hard wearing but and not as noisy as the Bridgestone
dont want to sound thick but how does powder coating work?

Hello mate. Yeah all the servicing has been done at Holden, which was a major plus point in the sale. Any idea what they're like in general?

Yea they are fantastic, the parts department are out of this world :smt047

Another Member from Norwich! Blimey.

Buckenham Blast Cleaning in Beccles do great refurbs on wheels. I paid £200 for all three as I wanted them turned around in a day. They're a bit cheape4r if you can afford to be with your car for a couple of days. I know three forum members (Myself, Hatton and Benep3) can vouch for them. The match is not the same as the OEM wheels (there is less sparkle, but they look :cool: anyway), so you'll want your centr caps done as well. You can then get some decals from www.skewer.co.uk (Member is mook) to put on the centre caps.

Here is a Link to pics of my re-furbished wheels.

Back