• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 New ep3. Mod shopping list!

So picking my ep3 up at the weekend. Prem edition cosmic grey 70k on clock and from what I've seen I'm chuffed to bits with it.

Now begins the compiling of a list of small tweaks that I want to do to it.

Car is coming with team dynamics pro race 1.2's in anthracite which I'm not too keen on so will be looking to swap them for something more to my taste. It's also lowered on eibach's.

Car already had wind deflectors and a head unit so that's them ticked off.
I've been considering a short shifter too. So what's everyone else's opinions of small mods that really help to set off the car, I'm talking things below about £100ish

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tegiwa short shifter gets my vote for sure, I wish I didn't sell mine.
Second hand cat back exhaust probably looking at around £250, so on your budget maybe an unsilenced b-pipe for about £100.
Thicker rear anti roll bar, around £90, but you may need drop links if yours snap so factor in £20 for those.

Spending some money on some decent tyres should be one of the first things to consider buying in my opinion (it certainly is for me as I have only had my Type R for 10 days or so).

You cant go wrong with Eagle F1as', bridgestone RE050's, conti contact sport 5's etc and they are all good for road use.

Gearbox things.

Buddyclub short shifter
Weighted gear knob eg Skunk2
Aluminium gearbox/stick bushes

Fairly cheap mods, makes a big difference.

My favourite cheap things so far:

Unsilenced Sportex 2.5" b-pipe
Tegiwa solid shifter bushes.
Energy suspension engine mount inserts.
Powerflex gearbox top mount insert.
Tegiwa brake stopper
Jazz washer jets
Paint everything! (wheels, console, brakes, grill, engine covers)

Most of those are pretty cheap. Most of them you can do yourself too (I didn't even try doing the mount inserts myself).

Well lucky for me cars already had FRSU done with eibach springs on. Brand new tyres on the wheels. And the 1.2's are starting to grow on me the more I look at them. Cheers for the input guys!

Anyone recommend any decent coloured lug nuts?

I want some bright gold ones like the tegiwa ones but not seen any reviews on them. Obviously don't want to compromise the safety of my vehicle and don't want any snapping off when I remove my wheels so don't recommend any £15 eBay poor quality copys please :)

Yeah exactly my thoughts at that price. Saw the tegiwa ones at £60 but seen a few reviews saying quality doesn't match the price. Really don't want to compromise safety on something like this so am looking for a good product.

im sure the tegiwa ones are fine and meet safety standards but tegiwa nuts are very soft and you have to be very careful with them like the ebay ones

Back