• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Exhaust (pics) 28/02/08 UPDATE - FITTED

I have just picked up this CAT back exhaust from a fellow DC5 owner in Devon. It was on his car when he bought it from Torque Imports, and he was selling it due to changing to a DC Sports system.

As you can see from the pics I took tonight below, the exhaust is in great condition, with only very light scrapes to the B pipe, and some surface corrosion around the flanges;

P1000145.jpg

P1000157.jpg

P1000150.jpg

P1000159.jpg

P1000160.jpg

Having done a quick search on Google - I believe the system is the 5ZIGEN BORDER 304 SPEED (Google images below);

top_btn14b.jpg

0712132001892s0.jpg

Does anyone know what the pipework material used is?? Mild steel or stainless?? As you can see the pipework has a satin black finish, and there is some minor surface corrosion around the flanges.

Also does anyone know just how loud this exhaust is? What other systems it compares to? It has the Jasma members stamp, but I cannot imagine it being very quiet!! The back box is of a similar size to the Spoon N1.

I paid £110 collected for the whole system, so not a bad price IMO :lol:

Any help appreciated 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
After a bit more Googling, seems the system has powdercoated mild steel pipework, with a stainless steel back box. Think I will tidy up the surface corrosion around the flanges, and give the pipework a fresh coat of black VHT paint before fitting.

Also what gaskets will I need for fitting - I presume you can use an OEM one where the b pipe joins the CAT, and does the DC5 use a donut gasket between the b pipe and back box?

£110 :shock: !!

5Zigen exhaust tend to sound very nice at full beans :twisted:

UPDATE: Have 'refurbed' the exhaust this weekend. I cleaned up all the rusty areas and flanges with a wire wheel on a powerdrill. Then treated the exposed areas with anti-rust, and left to dry. Following day I keyed the existing powdercoated finish, and washed it down with some Meg's APC. Once clean and dry, I then gave it 2 coats of black hi-temp VHT paint. I polished up the back box with some Autosol. The system now looks like new, and should be well protected (being mild steel with a stainless back box).

P1000177.jpg

P1000179.jpg

P1000182.jpg

P1000185.jpg

Now I have to decide whether or not to fit it, as i know its gonna be a bit scrapey with the ride height of my car :lol:

Gunn,

Just thought i'd let you know. Take a look on Envyperformance.com

They sell these exhausts new, and theres two types. One being £700, and one being £1000+ for catback ;)

Cheers Dynax - Will probably get it fitted next week some time. I do like my quiet stock exhaust tho! :oops:

^^ and yet you feel the need to strip the interior out, hardcore one minute, p*ssy the next :p :lol:

My cabin noise with stock exhaust is probably louder than most with an aftermarket one, The NVH transfer to the cabin from the Alex engine mounts is incredible! Will be interesting to see what its like with the exhaust on, let alone a stripped interior. I will have to see if the DC5 comes apart and back together again as easily as the DC2 did, then its stripped for sure :twisted:

Yup I expect it would be loud mate, but fcuk it get it on and get it stripped will be mental :twisted:

The rear is pretty easy to strip from what Ive seen of my mates taking their dc5s apart

Had the exhaust fitted today. Sounds nice - Not as loud as I thought it may have been (which is a good thing!), but I am comparing it to my old DC2 which was fully stripped ou and had a 4-1 manifold, sport cat and Spoon system, which was loud!

Trying to remember back to my old EP3 CTR, I had the Spoon B pipe and N1 backbox, and I would say it was comparable to that, tho with the stripped rear in the DC5, it's obviously a little louder. Only done a couple of miles so farm so will see how I get on with it, but so far very happy.

P1000257-1.jpg

P1000261.jpg

Clearance pics - I think it will be scraping here and there, but thats to be expected with the ride height of my car. The fit of the B pipe does semm good tho.

P1000264.jpg

P1000265.jpg

Pics also shows that my car does actually get dirty LOL!

Looking good mate, altho I was a bit worried in the first updated pic that you had sprayed the dc5 a very light pink :eek: :lol:

Back