• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owner

So a car with higher delivery mileage has been faulty off the line and stripped down over and over and tested over and over until faultless.

I honestly can't see Honda testing every single car (the whole Honda range) around a track, I can see them being driven to the holding area wrapped up and awaiting to be loaded

The mileage on cars doesn't actually go on the car as they are in factory mode .

Every car where I work has a static test which is rolling road for all 4 wheels . You drive it up to different speeds for so long this alone would add 5-10 miles ., plus a jig for squeaks and rattles plus the test track which again is small I would say about half the size of a football pitch the test track is not a track as such. It has high and low cambers speed bumps , cobbles etc . 1 in x amount go on the dynamic test which is outside the factory
You go on a set route , which will have a mix of driving speeds ,corners to obviously give the car a work out.
It will have gps and someone will be watching the car in the logistics block. So it doesn't accidentally end up in a lorry ,knight rider style. People who drive the cars on site have to have a permit .

There have been cars that have problems that go back on the rolling road to be tested . Testing at 70mph for 5 mins is already 5 miles plus .

In regard to the case of the op , the dealer imo had been naughty which has already been mentioned.
I would complain tbh I think 90 miles is disgusting . Unless He/she was made aware it was a demo .

I said I wouldn't worry in an earlier post because I know that there are more miles on it technically anyway.

Back