• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Well poo, looks there are no new GT’s to be had, production has stopped, only have what is left in stock and that is a few sport lines….

Looks like I will have to go 2nd hand

I believe that fk8 production is going to continue in Japan at the Yorii, Saitama Prefecture plant. I tried to order a racing blue pearl back in early April, and was told that I could, but that it would be around 6 months and would come from Japan. Instead I place an order for a pmm which is due to be one of the last from Swindon. Delivery expected in July. I suspect all the fk8’s due to be manufactured before Swindon closes are allocated for pre orders.

Ok interesting. I spoke to Nottingham Honda this morning and they said they can’t order any more Type-R’s, but did have some Sportlines in stock. Said nothing about ordering one and it arriving from Japan, wonder if I was been sold a fib to try and buy a sportline???

First I have heard of the FK8 being made in Japan. That would appear to require a massive investment and it's hard to see where the ROI would come from,. Perhaps the next model Type R will be, should Honda make one. I could be tempted into a new one though if it did actually happen.

Sell sell

But.... I like it!! It has crossed my mind though, up £2k on it for nothing. But then of course I would have to buy something else, which would probably depreciate anyway so might end up losing £2k anyway, just in a different way. I'm planning on possibly getting a Ford Mustang for my 40th though, but that's in 4 years...

First I have heard of the FK8 being made in Japan. That would appear to require a massive investment and it's hard to see where the ROI would come from,. Perhaps the next model Type R will be, should Honda make one. I could be tempted into a new one though if it did actually happen.
Yeah, I couldn’t really believe it either, but the dealer was adamant, and would have been happy to order one that was made in Japan for me. I did read somewhere that the Yorri plant in Japan already makes the mk10 civic sedan for the domestic (Japanese) market, so the investment to make the hatch may not be that great. It also depends upon the UK having a zero tariff trade agreement with Japan though, and I haven’t been able to establish if that is going ahead.
Anyway, the point is that UK FK8 type r GT production hasn’t actually ceased just yet - there is at least one more run happening in the next few weeks. Some of those cars may end up as dealer stock, and some customers may yet cancel. So you may see the odd new facelift GT for sale over the next few weeks/months. Either way I suspect the facelift Mk10 GT will be a pretty rare sight in the UK.
There was a sport line on the showroom floor when I went to see about mine. In fact there appears to be sport lines for sale up and down the country - can’t think why? - …oh wait a minute - they are all missing a great big bit…..
Got to say that I really liked the black seats though, and the wheels at 19” seem better suited to UK potholes. Just couldn’t bring myself to buy one though.

Last edited:
Interesting to see people opinions on the sportline. It was no brainer for me :) I picked up my brand new sportline in PMM last week.

First reviews just coming out on them now

The Sportline will be every bit as good to drive as the GT. I guess I just kinda like the big wing. I’m paying for my preference though, the sport line I looked at in April was available with a discount which I’m not getting on the GT.

So been looking around Honda dealerships on their websites and just seen a video of a Type-R GT and on the video the sales manager clearly stated they cannot order any new Type-R GT’s, which ties in with what Nottingham Honda said to me on the phone yesterday. Also (by accident) watched a YouTube video of a Typer-R GT (from Australia) but put up a few weeks ago and on that video too it said they can’t get any new ones ordered. So 3 different sources saying the same thing????

And as for my take on the sportline, I just dont like the looks, but all down to personal preference, if your happy with yours, that’s all that matters.

When I ordered mine at the end of March I was shown a screenshot of what was left that could be ordered. I got one of the last 4 Rallye Red to come out of Swindon. There were a few available for June delivery in other colours. They will all have almost certainly been ordered now.

I would be very surprised if anywhere else manufactures the FK8. USA have started production of the 11th gen Civic already. And although their are plenty of 11th gen Type R mock-ups around. Honda have not announced a new Type R. If they do it’s likely to be made in the USA and will probably be Hybrid. I decided to go for another FK8 in order to get the last British build and possibly last non hybrid Type R. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I ordered mine at the end of March I was shown a screenshot of what was left that could be ordered. I got one of the last 4 Rallye Red to come out of Swindon. There were a few available for June delivery in other colours. They will all have almost certainly been ordered now.

I would be very surprised if anywhere else manufactures the FK8. USA have started production of the 11th gen Civic already. And although their are plenty of 11th gen Type R mock-ups around. Honda have not announced a new Type R. If they do it’s likely to be made in the USA and will probably be Hybrid. I decided to go for another FK8 in order to get the last British build and possibly last non hybrid Type R. Time will tell.

I agree that it sounds very dubious - that’s why I decided on one of the last fk8’s from Swindon too.
But it is possible that mk10 production does continue in Japan. Difficult to find very much about it - this Asian website discusses it:
I suspect that the Mk11 Type R won’t come to market until 2023, and remember that Honda lost a lot of production due to COVID last year, so may want to make up the numbers lost. But yeah Time will tell.
How are you finding the new facelift GT? I too am moving from an ‘18 to the ’21 and am hoping I don’t regret it.

Think honda gave announced next gen type r release to be late 2022 ? They have certainly confirmed it's not going to be a hybrid. 100% petrol powered (thankfully)

Does anyone know what month and year the GPF/OPF/Gasoline Particulate Filter was fitted to the Type R?

Looks like you can tell if your car has a GPF by the markings on the oil filler cap. Page 673 of the manual. Guess I'm a sad git for actually reading it! Mine is a 2018 built in April that year and it has those markings on the filler cap.
ctr.jpg

Hello all,
Bob here. Just got round to joining the forum after 3 weeks of ownership.
Totally LOVING the car.

Already picked up some great tips from the forum.
Thanks!

Cheers

Bob

Picked up my polished metal fk8 just over a week ago. Love it, ceramic coated it, fitted rally armour mud flaps and front and rear dream seat covers and ordered some Honda wind deflectors. Also lucky to have bought a red fk2 with 1k miles 4 weeks ago. Can't decide which one I like best, both amazing cars. Although the fk8 is very driveable in+R, the fk2 not so much!

Looks like you can tell if your car has a GPF by the markings on the oil filler cap. Page 673 of the manual. Guess I'm a sad git for actually reading it! Mine is a 2018 built in April that year and it has those markings on the filler cap.
View attachment 11507

I have been looking into this as well. It seems the later cars with GPF have to run on Honda 0W20 Type 2.0 C2/C3 spec oil and cannot run on anything else. Track specific oils like the Millers are no good which is a shame.

Picked up my polished metal fk8 just over a week ago. Love it, ceramic coated it, fitted rally armour mud flaps and front and rear dream seat covers and ordered some Honda wind deflectors. Also lucky to have bought a red fk2 with 1k miles 4 weeks ago. Can't decide which one I like best, both amazing cars. Although the fk8 is very driveable in+R, the fk2 not so much!
Any chance of a pic? Keen to see your flaps

Back