• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

It's all dealer fitted,
If you paid cash for the car you should get all from factory parts back, mine kept my OEM spoiler and 20 minutes in to my drive home I remembered and turned around, crafty feckers

Hmmm. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question... but the illumination pack fitted to my car was fitted at the factory, during the build process, and was in-situ when the car rolled off the transporter from the factory onto the dealer forecourt. No idea if that's the standard way of doing it or not (I assumed it was) but I was there when my car was delivered to the dealer and the lights in the cills, doors, footwell and roof were all nicely glowing red.

As dweezle said unlikely to be fitted at the factory. They just roll out of a production line in standard trim and any options would done on a car by car basis at the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is the option to have these extras fitted at the factory when ordering. I had mine done by the dealer as it brought delivery forward about a week

Hmmm. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question... but the illumination pack fitted to my car was fitted at the factory, during the build process, and was in-situ when the car rolled off the transporter from the factory onto the dealer forecourt. No idea if that's the standard way of doing it or not (I assumed it was) but I was there when my car was delivered to the dealer and the lights in the cills, doors, footwell and roof were all nicely glowing red.

It would have been fitted at the uk pdi centre in Avonmouth, no options are fitted on the line.
Dealer can fit options too if the car is already ordered by them. They can make a bit of money on them then

I'm sure that these have already been answered anyway - questions from a newbie

The 5 year servicing pack - is that just 5 services, or do they cover 5 years worth of driving up to a given mileage (given the Type R has a variable service indicator)?
If I want to fit third party mats (didn't have the OE ones from the factory), is it easy to source the fixings?
Is it easy to turn off the anti collision technology - had a few interesting moments round Spa where the car was trying to save me from driving up the back of a straggler?
Any idea how much new wheels cost (thinking spare set shod in Cup2s for trackday). If not, any preferred aftermarket - I've looked at CivicX but think that may be US biased

I'm sure that these have already been answered anyway - questions from a newbie

The 5 year servicing pack - is that just 5 services, or do they cover 5 years worth of driving up to a given mileage (given the Type R has a variable service indicator)?
If I want to fit third party mats (didn't have the OE ones from the factory), is it easy to source the fixings?
Is it easy to turn off the anti collision technology - had a few interesting moments round Spa where the car was trying to save me from driving up the back of a straggler?
Any idea how much new wheels cost (thinking spare set shod in Cup2s for trackday). If not, any preferred aftermarket - I've looked at CivicX but think that may be US biased

Honda website says:
"includes all scheduled servicing, as detailed in the vehicle's service book, covered for 5 years or 62,500 miles, whichever comes first."

Anti-collision you turn off by a long press on the button right of the dash (it looks like a car hitting another car):
20180130_162622-jpg.82690

Wheels, depends on how much you want to spend, and if you want to downsize or not. Best bet if you want a set of OEM is to contact Cox, since they give good discounts for forum members

Define fully disable ?

There are two ways of fully disabling VSA, one in sport mode, and one in +R:

+R:
Make sure you are in +R mode, press VSA button for a little more than 5 secs, it will turn off VSA and collision detection, dash will say something like "VSA system fully off"

Sport (this one disables VSA but not collision detection, so you have to disable with the button):
1. Turn car to on position
2. Parking brake off
3. Press and hold brake pedal
4. Turn traction control on and off
5. Parking brake on
6. Release brake pedal
7. Turn traction control on and off
8. Press and hold brake pedal
9. Turn traction control on and off

The VSA light will light up and another similar but with the letters "OFF" will be blinking.

I've done both on my CTR.

Hello FK8 users!
Today went for a test drive in new FK8 and was quite surprised how much different car felt, compared to FK2.
I would not say that FK8 is bad or FK2 is bad, but definitely felt different. As my FK2 is driven 30000km and test car was only 3000km, sounds under the hood and pull was in my old car favour, but this is not surprise as I have felt this on FK2 also (in compare with less driven engine).

Is it possible to view oil temperature and pressure like in FK2? I did not find it in menus and sales man also did not know :).

Hey! yes a lot of people agree with your test drive comparison

No you cant view Oil Temp or Pressure unfortunately.....weird for a track orientated car - I just assume bl00dy hot and would squirt a lot

Anyone know why the max boost pressure is different depending on which gear you are in - I see up to 1.7 (kPa) in 4th but only 1.3 in 6th?

The car is under more load in the higher gears.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I can see why comparing 1st to 4th would make a difference as lag may mean the turbo is not fully up to speed until the revs are a lot higher in 1st, but comparing 4th to 6th I'm not sure the same is true. I don't see how load is much difference, surely by your reasoning you'd expect 6th to show a higher boost?

anyone here bought a windscreen "sunshade" to protect those nice seats and interior inside the FK8 from this lovely sunshine we're all enjoying right now? looking to get one for mine as it sits in the direct sunlight for much of the day. any recommendations on where to buy and what the fit is like?

Agreed i grabbed the gear knob without thinking.......the only time I wish I had an auto box....I had to take a sock off to place over it :D

Back