• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New golf mk5 GTI

Hmmm. She doesn't like mods? Is that a golf thing?

Surprised to hear the Miltek system is quiet myself. Big silencers? The turbo always quietens things down so you
need little silencers! Friend of mine has an RS4 with a Miltek system and it is pretty loud.
Think its just been my luck tbh, dv valve is prone to going apparently specially once mapped. Pcv seem to be common thing going aswell so its an easy change. Both parts under £50 and ten min to fit so not to bad.

It is a 200cell sports cat so probably does make a difference. Wouldn't say the silencer is that big. It does still sound nice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice gauge, I take it the s3 intercooler is alot bigger than standard?
Yeah s3 intercooler is just better i assume bigger. But the ths s3 intercooler is even better and that is a little bigger than s3 intercooler.

I was reading a little bit more about the gauge. It has 0mph to 60mph timer so that should be fun lol.

Planning on getting one of these in the new year, but will be looking for a DSG.

Very nice motor. Subscribed.

Another small update.

Decided to get a new automek hpfp to go with new intercooler. Also booked on at TDI-north now for the 15th of oct.

Keep getting the eml on, seems to be a common code on them so changed the pcv which i wanted done anyway. Eml back on so got a n80 charcoal filter valve failing that its the charcoal filter needing changed or an air leak(which i can't find.

uploadfromtaptalk1410797172654.jpg
Some nice rs8 audi coildpacks came today.

Also instead of getting the car painted as i want it a different colour and i don't want half a job done and to save a few pounds i'm thinking going for a matte grey wrap with a 10year gurantee on it and it can come off if i sell it aswell.
Kinda like this uploadfromtaptalk1410797312194.jpg

Another update.... finally things are moving on.

So decided to get few dents etc fixed and then get it wrapped its booked in for Monday for a matte anthracite grey like the sirocco above.

I decided to put the trip back to TDI-north to the 29th of oct. but since then decided to go for a autotech fuel pump internals and a stage 3 loba smf/sachs clutch kit and flywheel, it is 2nd hand but its hardly been used and got it for a good price.
8248fb2b9e5562d15191c4cfae8db644.jpg

Also got the eml off it turned out to be the n80 charcoal filter sensor which is good.

Next week wrap done the week after that clutch,fuel pump,intercooler,coil pack with some ngk iridiums, all should be done then off to tdi on the 29th, its like Christmas I can't wait to make the trip for the 3rd time now.

Here's a crappy phone picture I took the other night, don't think I've put any up on how its sitting with the new springs.
e6b2b79ea177802f40f09d599614d1f4.jpg
sorry it is a bad pic lol i will try get some before i get it wrapped.

a207d27c5bf4b6afaa35a9d959bcd10b.jpg
this just arrived. Autotech fuel pump internals.

Cars in getting wrapped as wee speak in anthracite.

Got the car back tonight. Happy with the colour etc but fan is rattling and drivers side is clunking when i take my foot of the clutch etc. Thinking maybe an engine mount but gave the place a phone see if they noticed anything and they said no but it was obvious soon as i drove it and they had drove it 5min before me so they must of been kicking it about.

Find out tomorrow in the daylight and when i can get it on a ramp.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412977207475.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412977207475.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1412977218778.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412977218778.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1412977227268.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412977227268.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 42
Really like that mate. Have they done a good job overall?
bummer over the other issues though. Iam wary where my car is left because you just know some a**e holes are going to rag it :evil:

Really like that mate. Have they done a good job overall?
bummer over the other issues though. Iam wary where my car is left because you just know some a**e holes are going to rag it :evil:
Yeah same i hate leaving my car anywhere lol.

Yeah its a cracking job all over. I had a few dents took out and they have done a really good job. Its like a leathery feel to it aswell. Looks alot better in the flesh. Will need to get some pics in the daylight.

That does look pretty good. Now you need to change all your cleaning products lol.
I know lol. Guy was telling me i can't go to car washes etc and i nees to use no acid based shampoo etc.

I was scared to open the door. Trying to be as gentle as i could. Parawreck lol.

It turns out to be a bolt on the gearbox had snapped. Luckily had a bolt that fits to get me back home and should be fine till i get a new one during the week.

The colour looks ten times better in the daylight. In they pics i put up looks a bit camo green but in daylight it doesn't at all.

Back