• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New golf mk5 GTI

I only paid £450 for it. It was a special offer for a limited time. The company seem to be quite a well known company though so it wasn't a start up deal. I got all the dents fixed before hand aswell which was another 150.

Only bad thing though is engine bay and inside the doors don't get done.

Small update.

I didn't get the car mapped had to change it to tge 12th this coming week.

Car was getting a new clutch in and intercool and fuel pump done. Got the car back and it was sticking in first gear and reverse.

After trying a few things i decided to take clutch back out and put a standard one in so wasn't cheap and i have the car back after 2 weeks. Feels great but i still don't know what the problem was i haven't spoke to the place that fixed it. Just in handed the receptionist my card and got keys and got to as it was late.

This wrap aswell is kind of annoying me. I wish i went for a full respray which i think is on the cards. Its nice but the inside of the doors etc aren't done and it just annoys me. Would rather pay more and get it so its perfect.

Anyway looking forward to my trip next week to tdi.

Not updated this in a while. Been really busy.

So went to tdi north as planned. Am not quite sure how or why but paul couldn't unlock the ecu to map it. I bought it with a stage 2 map from rtech on it and it was sitting at 275bhp well with certain bits missing so wouldn't of been anywhere near that, hence why i wanted to update the map to what i added and changed etc.

Anyway paul told me it wasn't getting full boost so he tinkerd around with it sorted that and got it running as good as he could so that was fine and told me only options i had was.

Take it back to rtech or to vw dealer to wipe the ecu which wouldn't be cheap or revo which also wouldn't be cheap. Or leave the map that was on it as it was totally fine.

So anyway its running at 20psi boost and reading 299bhp and 345lbft on tdi rollers.

Paul advised to get the abs sensors checked and few other bits and bobs. Paul also done the geo set up aswell so it drives much better now since boost is fixed and geo. Peace of mind aswell which is half the battle. Alot of people have asked why i didn't take it back to rtech in the first place as its only an extra hour by tdi. Well i've been to tdi north twice before and always have that good feeling your car is in good hands and i like to stay loyal specially when you get a good service.

The door lock module was away so went in to get that fixed and needed a new aircon compressor so that wasn't cheap.

I've also took that plastidip off, it kepted peeling off and it was annoying constantly getting it fixed. Guy didn't charge me but just the hassle so i just told him to take it all off and got some 3m vinyl wrap put on. In gloss anthracite and gloss black roof and mirrors.

Heres the results.

uploadfromtaptalk1426029618642.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1426029629867.jpeguploadfromtaptalk1426029640457.jpeg

Their was a small problem with that. Side skirts are textured so couldn't be wrapped. I could get r32 skirts and get them wrapped but now seeing the car in the flesh i don't think i will bother.

Its due its service soon but i think its just a small one as i changed everything lastyear when i got her and probably change the brake pads etc.

Only other thing thats been niggling away is paul said i should get a better cai so thats only things on the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably just a rubber mount that's split. I recommend using fairy liquid to help getting a new one on :lol:

Back