• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Insurance Premium....22yo w/ 6YR NCB good deal or..?

Hi guys

Just got this years quote of £900.76

2004 Type R EP3 with Spoon N1, Supersprint B pipe and Pipercross Induction Kit modifications declared.
6 Years NCB with Admiral bonus accelerator scheme
22 years old
No speeding offenses, accidents etc

For what I have at my age I don't think £90 a month is all that bad to be honest

What do you guys think? too much or a good deal?

That seems a good offer when I had a previous CTR and was your age I could not get it under a grand, IIRC my premium was £1200 plus so that seems good.

I'm paying around £800 now and I'm 27 with no accidents, speeding etc with about 7 plus no claims. I had to go on my parents insurance for 2 years when I passed my test because no one would insure me unless I wanted to pay around £4k otherwise I would have had a few more no claims.

That seems a good offer when I had a previous CTR and was your age I could not get it under a grand, IIRC my premium was £1200 plus so that seems good.

I'm paying around £6-700 now and I'm 27 with no accidents, speeding etc with about 7 plus no claims. I had to go on my parents insurance for 2 years when I passed my test because no one would insure me unless I wanted to pay around £4k otherwise I would have had a few more no claims.

I'm paying around £800 now and I'm 27 with no accidents, speeding etc with about 7 plus no claims. I had to go on my parents insurance for 2 years when I passed my test because no one would insure me unless I wanted to pay around £4k otherwise I would have had a few more no claims.

Seems like I got a good deal for another year :) I have been with Admiral since I passed and they have always been pretty good both with premiums and over the phone so until that stops I think I will stay with them :) cheers for the info.

How about you get quotes elsewhere and compare prices that way :confused:

Simple answer really...I was led to believe that this is a forum where you share information, advice, opinions, experiences, etc therefore I'm asking members who own type R's to share their experiences & information regarding insurance. I've done the gocompare, comparethemarket, etc, etc and prices weren't looking great so I thought I ask on here to see if what I am now paying is reasonable.

Sorry meant to edit the post not put up another :lol:. Plus 1 for as above I tried compare the market and kwik fit came up trumps about £400 better than my renewal.

Simple answer really...I was led to believe that this is a forum where you share information, advice, opinions, experiences, etc therefore I'm asking members who own type R's to share their experiences & information regarding insurance. I've done the gocompare, comparethemarket, etc, etc and prices weren't looking great so I thought I ask on here to see if what I am now paying is reasonable.

But insurance is completely subjective, unless you found someone who lives next door to you and is your complete twin then it's a price that varies massively from person to person.
You're better off using the forum to ask for advice on what insurance company to get prices off of, not whether yours is a good price because how would anyone know?

Back