• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
Each time I log off the forum and come back to it again later, it still displays everything as a 'new post' to me, even though nothing new may have been posted in a thread during the time I have been away from the forum.

Are they not under the threads not updated since last visit, they still appear on the new post bit if you click it?

I'm a little confused with this as well... On the last board there was a "View Recent Posts" which would only display the threads that were either new/replied to since you last logged on, eg approx 4 pages if you visit each day.

I logged on yesterday for the first time, logged back in this morning and there's still 435 pages of "New Posts"...:confused:

If i click Quick Links--->Today's posts, then it would surley only do as it says on the tin... thus leaving out any of yesterday's late evening posts that may have cropped up...

Sorry i'm not very good at explaining this...

New Posts stay marked as new posts until you actually read them now. Easiest way to clear them is to use Mark Forums Read from the Quick Links menu at the top.

New Posts stay marked as new posts until you actually read them now. Easiest way to clear them is to use Mark Forums Read from the Quick Links menu at the top.

Is there anyway this can be altered. Some thread topics just don't interest me and I won't even bother erading them so to see them as new post each and every time I log on is annoying.

Is there anyway this can be altered. Some thread topics just don't interest me and I won't even bother erading them so to see them as new post each and every time I log on is annoying.

I noticed this & thought I was being a goon.

I'll see what I can do but I doubt it. Best practice would be to use the mark forums read feature when your done then next time you login it wont show the same threads again.

I'm looking for a hack now tho :)

Something I completely forgot about, when you use the New Posts link it will show all the posts you haven't read. However it will tell you which ones are since the last time you logged in. See attached image for example

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    372.4 KB · Views: 14
Something I completely forgot about, when you use the New Posts link it will show all the posts you haven't read. However it will tell you which ones are since the last time you logged in. See attached image for example

Its a very good little feature that. :cool:

I don't see why it can't be done. ScoobyNet runs on vBulletin and that doesn't show every post as a new one each time I log on.

Whatever happened to little indicator we had too that showed what threads we had posted in?

I don't see why it can't be done. ScoobyNet runs on vBulletin and that doesn't show every post as a new one each time I log on.

Whatever happened to little indicator we had too that showed what threads we had posted in?

Come on mate... give us a chance, it's new to us too... :lol: We are still getting to grips with it! :lol: :wink:

The indicator is shown on the left-most icon as a small dot... not very easy to see but it is there. I'll be looking to alter the icon when I get a bit of time.

you offering to code it for us then?
its on the To Do list along with a million other things that ppl want now

It doesn't do this for me........ only show what was posted since i last logged in........

I personally find this a nice feature. If your computer crashes or you only have 10 mins to access the forum and don't want all the posts being marked as read when you re-login.

I personally find this a nice feature. If your computer crashes or you only have 10 mins to access the forum and don't want all the posts being marked as read when you re-login.

agreed i'd like to keep the feature as is for that reason, but if the is a hack or something could it be put as an option in your settings maybe?

agreed i'd like to keep the feature as is for that reason, but if the is a hack or something could it be put as an option in your settings maybe?

its a standard feature I'm afraid

Back