• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New seats for track use, or just harnesses?

At Cadwell on Monday I was all over the car round the fast bends and found it distracting and a bit painful towards the end!

Would a simple set of harnesses do the job, or am I needing bucket seats?

I'd get a high sided bucket seat first, you might find that helps a lot as your arse won't slide about and if you do then go for a harness later at least the seats designed for it. Oem seats aren't really meant to be used with them

I've got OEM pre facelift seats at the minute, I was thinking of 3-point harnesses (single feed through the seat) spread out over a harness bar.

I suppose bucket seats would save weight which is handy too! I'll give it some thought...

id change the seats, harness on oem seats through the single hole attack you neck after awhile

hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread a little...

any off the shelf options for clip in harnesses that mount to the rear seatbelt points like I set up in my Lotus Excel for track days:

723_35615274137_2493_n.jpg

723_35615264137_1735_n.jpg

and seems like a good excuse for a shot of the car:
8928_132509409137_5450647_n.jpg

Back