• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New sound system

Just bought a new system and was wandering if anyone had the seem speakers/sub to see if they sounded any good.Getting it all fitted saturday :D:D

The Speakers are DLS .

DSC00447.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dalco's of lowestoft are working on a deal with alpine to supply type-r speakers as a package at a good price. They do loads of civic installs so thought it would be a good idea.

Worth looking out for in the future if anyone is interested.

The only Alpine sound stuff i have is a head unit and i will never change from them and my 4 chanel amp as well.

But from what i have heard its good stuff and sounds prity good as well.

how did you get on with the install???

Not sure if you are but the amp is a 4 channel, are you planning on running the fronts and woofer off that single amp??

If you are the Type R woofer isn't going to get nowhere near enough power to run it to it's full potential.

It really needs it's own monoblock amp.

All nice kit though.

Steve

I have the 12" version of that sub, sounds excellent with 500 watts going through it :twisted:

how did you get on with the install???

Not sure if you are but the amp is a 4 channel, are you planning on running the fronts and woofer off that single amp??

If you are the Type R woofer isn't going to get nowhere near enough power to run it to it's full potential.

It really needs it's own monoblock amp.

All nice kit though.

Steve

yeah mate running fronts and sub through this . i got told this after having it fitted . sounds really nice but it would be nice to have abit more power to the sub. what would you suggest? 1000W monoblock sub? and would i be able to just take the current one out and do a straight swap.?

To run that woofer using an Alpine amp i'd suggest the following 3 amps for the job:

ALPINE-PDX-1.600.jpg

PDX digital monoblock - £300
http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/details/pdx-amplifiers/pdx-1600.html
Superior quality product with excellent power production. These amps are super small and ultra efficient.

ALPINE-MRP-M500.jpg

V-Power 500w monoblock - £150
http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/details/v-power-amplifiers/mrp-m500.html
Will match your existing amp cosmetically and will certainly run the woofer far better to the 4 channel you are currently running.

ALPINE-MRP-M1000.jpg

V-Power 1000w monoblock - £250
http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/details/v-power-amplifiers/mrp-m1000.html
Probably not going to need all the power it can produce but it's handy to have a reserve amount if you decide you want to run more woofers or a bigger one at a later date. This amp will again match the appearance of your existing amp.

Steve

can def vouch for dalco's service, had my CTR done this weekend and its Superb! it was worth the 260 miles round trip!

the amp you have wouldnt be powerful enough for your sub (though it will work just not as good as you would think), since its 10" it'll require less than a 12", best to go for a mono amp as dalco said. Do you have rear speakers? Try and match the amp RMS output to your speaker/sub RMS levels.

you could use your existing 4 channel amp to power your front and rear speakers, get a monoamp and power your sub, would sound ace after that! dont forget sound deadening too as it does make a difference!

my door has a nice 'thud' sound when closing them

thanks for your replies . I may get the 500 mono and put my current one on ebay! how many layers of sound deadening did you have cracksta? did you use dynamat?

its not dynamat but its just as good, dalco supplies them. got front doors and rear speaker done with 1 layer.

I've used a few different brands before including dynamat, dalco ones seems quite good and so far does the job well. TBH, i doubt you'll notice much difference between dynamat and dalco or similar deadening unless you are running ICE worth over 10k.

I do find Dynamat material to be thicker and alot heavier!

Back