• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New to Type R ( just waiting on it coming from the body shop before I sign)

J

Jcorbett

Greetings All

a quick history.
brother had type r 2004, bought new, lent it to me a few times as he felt sorry for me!....loved it.
my kids arrived, sold my wee 03 polo, bought 06 Picasso (sorry!) bought 06 jetta Tdi (sorry again)
bought 04 CRV...love it
kids older now, decided to get my dream car, looked at gti, megane Renaultsport, but the niggle of the type R was always there.
saw a few, but settled on an 07 33k GT from main Honda Dealership, black and pretty much standard.

so, here's my question...

are they easy to live with?
( basically anyone out there with kids under 6, and who drive them daily as a family car, or am I asking for trouble )
i know it's not a 'family car' as such...

damn.. Sorry for poring this in the wrong place

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, I don't have kids myself but the general consensus is they will be fine as a family car, spacious in the back, large boot, mpg can be quite good if driven sensibly etc...

What's it doing at the body shop? Also very low mileage for a 07, good find!

Thank you Rosco

bought it from Honda in newcastle, so it's probably pricey, but getting excellent deal on my 95k crv
I've been looking for months, saw a beautiful red with black 19" from another well known national dealer..non honda, but it had been tampered with so walked away.
this black GT came in last week, just put online by the garage, went and saw it on Saturday, bought sunday
was also offered an 08 37k in dark bronze for same price, but it has to be milano red or nighthawk black, tradition!

it has a scuff on the wing, two lines from a bollard, but I also noticed a few stone chips and misting in the rear cluster..all getting sorted by Honda.
Anyhoo, 12 months tax warranty aA etc..

Cant wait!

Its not the most pleasent ride, but its a great drive. I enjoy it anyway. I have a 12 week old but hes only been in it once as we take my wifes Mazda 3, As she hates the harsh ride in my car
The time we put him in wasnt a big deal as the doors open VERY wide to get access to the rear. not so good in carparks for same reason.

Milano red and nighthawk black are pretty bad for stonechips, my front end is fairly well battle scarred! Good of honda to sort it for you! I keep meaning to get mine at least blown over but other things are more tempting....intake , exhaust etc..

easy to live with i get my kids in regular waiting a month for mine to come back from body shop after someone shunted me ride is harsh better if you get fast road set up done but my little one jumps in and out easy enough she loves it says make it go angry meaning vtec mrs hates it though and only comes in when she has too

Called from Honda today....picking it up on Friday!
I'm so excited I could **** my pants.

Back