• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Trackday tyre Federal RSR

Seen this on the DC5 forum, anyone used these yet??? The price is outstanding, i'm hoping the performance is too?!??

rarerims said:
Our first post as an authorised advertiser here on the DC5 forum, many people will know us from the DC2 forum, hopefully our reputation proceeds us :)

Rarerims are now stocking the NEW Federal RS-R trackday/fast road tyre.
King of sport – 595RS-R with reinforced carcass and sidewall offers easy handling while taking the abuse of driving at high speed as well as superior grip and cornering stability, is a secret weapon for the championship.
Recognized by Japanese professionals and selected as the official tire to Australia 2007 X Challenge competition powered by Lotus.
Features
New, semi-slick, sport competition 595RS-R - designed for exceptional traction and grip. Cutting-edge technological advances in design, construction, pattern and compounds. Best performance in its class - a street legal competition tyre with the characteristics of a slick.
* Lateral grooves substantially exterminate stiffness on shoulder blocks to upgrade traction and riding comfort.
* Tread patterns on shoulder block provide lateral driving stability while cornering.
* Uni-directional V-shaped main groove design enhances both sport look and water distribution.
* Wide angle grooves improve consistency on tread blocks thereby permitting more serious grip.
* The modern, feather-like tread pattern incorporates stylish image and outstanding responsiveness.
* Embossed letters on the sidewall featured with unique and personal characteristics.
Designed for use on all high performance vehicles
21688.jpg

Basically, it is Federals equivilent of the R888, and offers very similar performance, for a lot less money.
Should be slightly better in the wet than the R888 :) (in terms of aquaplaning), so more road friendly

Can't see any, they are at the moment £90 for 215/17/45 iirc, hence the reason why i'm interested. for that price it's worth getting a set for trackdays. :)

Can't see any, they are at the moment £90 for 215/17/45 iirc, hence the reason why i'm interested. for that price it's worth getting a set for trackdays. :)

Need to look into this type of stuff myself, as I'm hoping to get some track time in 2011. Cheers for the find Harv

Need to look into this type of stuff myself, as I'm hoping to get some track time in 2011. Cheers for the find Harv

Don't run semi slick type tyres if you're new to track work, you'll learn more if you're on more normal road/sports tyres IMO.

Don't run semi slick type tyres if you're new to track work, you'll learn more if you're on more normal road/sports tyres IMO.

Ah cheers, need to get myself over to the HOT forums I'm sure that's got plenty of useful info for noobs like me.

Ah cheers, need to get myself over to the HOT forums I'm sure that's got plenty of useful info for noobs like me.

Agree with Nick, learn your car on road tyres first. I did loads of trackdays on the Bridgestones before I purchased the 888's.

And yes lots of info on HOT :), we have had lots of new people signing up recently who have never been out on track so you wont be alone, along with the long standing members so your questions will always been answered in an honest way.

No can't find anywhere myself either.

Half the price of R888's and getting good feedback from the Nippon challenge i am up for trying these out and see how they compare to the Toyo's.:D

No can't find anywhere myself either.

Half the price of R888's and getting good feedback from the Nippon challenge i am up for trying these out and see how they compare to the Toyo's.:D

We are basically the only source for the larger sizes

theres a few others that are doing mx5 ones etc

Any particular reason why you would rather not buy from us? :eek:

haha no mate didn't mean it like that! Just can't find many suppliers with these listed.

Do you know if these sizes are available from stock?

Either 215/45/17 or 235/40/17

How much in 215-45-17? Do they come in either 215-45-16 or 225-45-16? If so prices for these aswell please.

Bumping an old thread, I am considering getting a set of these in late January/February time in preperation for the annual Spa/ring pilgrimage.

I would prefer to stick with the AD08 but they are proving difficult to source with no sign of any deliveries oddly enough, of course this may change in the new year but I like to have a contingency plan!

The AD08s are actually in good nick still but the fronts will need changing by April time and I'd rather run four tyres of equal tread.

Having read up on the 595's they seem to get good reviews, and are similar to AD08's in that they are a 'road legal' track tyre.

Interested to hear the thoughts of people who have experience with these.

They are currently £92 on Camskill which is a bargain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back