• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Trackday tyre Federal RSR

A little report about the RSR's.

Well, went to Spa and tested them all day and the grip level was very good. You just need to warm them up a bit more that 888's I found but that maybe because it was just above freezing all day.
Once warm, the tyres gripped very well and held onto grip , even after a 30 min sprint. Just got to keep your eye on tyre pressures but apart from that very happy with the tyres. Seemed about 90% of the grip of the 888's but half the price.

Next test for tyres was a nice road trip from Spa to The Ring and I can report there not as noisy as 888's or A048's but not great in the snow ! .. Not that you expect them to be.

Also drove back to London on them from The Ring and hardly any wear on them so very happy about that.
Seems these tyres are quite good.
Will be updating the tread after my next trackday which is quite soon , just need to save some money now !

Where can you get these in 205/45/17? Camskill only seem to have them as 215/45/17.

I don't think they make them in 205/45 Michael. Most people run either 215/40 or 215/45.

I am just waiting back on a price from Rarerims so will let you know what they say. I am either going to get these fitted to my daily wheels or just go with AD08's and save the RSR's until a have a set of track wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little report about the RSR's.

Well, went to Spa and tested them all day and the grip level was very good. You just need to warm them up a bit more that 888's I found but that maybe because it was just above freezing all day.
Once warm, the tyres gripped very well and held onto grip , even after a 30 min sprint. Just got to keep your eye on tyre pressures but apart from that very happy with the tyres. Seemed about 90% of the grip of the 888's but half the price.

Next test for tyres was a nice road trip from Spa to The Ring and I can report there not as noisy as 888's or A048's but not great in the snow ! .. Not that you expect them to be.

Also drove back to London on them from The Ring and hardly any wear on them so very happy about that.
Seems these tyres are quite good.
Will be updating the tread after my next trackday which is quite soon , just need to save some money now !

Great write up Jason.

Do you think these would be OK to run daily until I get a set of track wheels or am I better to stick with something more road orientated like the AD08's?

Back