• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Type R steering wheels

I've been to see some newer Civic Type R's and they all have horrific controls placed on the steering wheels. Can you option those away or will we need to replace with an aftermarket steering wheel?

Got any pics of what you mean? The 2015 CTR?

If so, no they're standard and control the radio, i-Mid vehicle information screen, hands free telephone (on rear) on the left, cruise control and speed limiter on the right. All standard 9th Gen Civic stuff really.

I've not seen any aftermarket wheels on them yet, but I'm sure it's possible. You would lose all of the functionality of the i-Mid though (top info screen on the dash).

So you set and forget radio station, never change to USB input for your MP3s, never change the volume, set and forget cruise control?

No you can't control the i-Mid any way other than with the steering wheel controls.

Yes I think you need to sit in one, or any modern Honda. They all have pretty much the same wheel setup now.

Honestly I just have a mix that I put on, I plug it in and go. Don't have cruise control either.

Definitely will go try one out though!

I don't really notice them anymore, I totally forgot until Loxy posted what they actually do, I don't use cruise control, tried hands free but every time the phone rang it made me jump so I don't bother anymore, Volume I still use the stereo as it's in a nice position (I also forgot about the one on the wheel) the only one I use daily is the info button, every time I get in before setting off I check outside temp then it's over to the oil/coolant pressure & temp gauges.
They might look distracting but after a few wks you won't notice them, the display is set up so you see the Rd, speedo & gauges in front of you, you'll find you'd be in that position the whole journey

Last edited by a moderator:
I was impressed with the hands-free system still at 100mph you can be heard by the caller can't do that in any off my Evo's
and love the that you have volume controls on there to my other doesn't have any of this

Back