• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newbie with an FN2 shaped house deposit (Suffolk)

Hi all, I graduated last year and started real, albeit poorly paid, work and decided that a car was more important than a mortgage so I got an FN2. Currently living in Bury St Edmunds.

Was averagely cared for before me but I have spent my free time over the last few months bringing it back up to a good standard, giving it a good detail in and out, need tyre shine though!

Want to say a massive thank you to everybody who has posted a how to guide on here or made any comments with their experiences on cleaning, maintaining, servicing etc. as I've been stalking through all of them and have used a fair few of them.

I was going to say hello a few months back but I went through a "I cant afford to keep it" stage. I dont care on cost now, I just cant lose it!

Oh, if you look carefully, you may just spot the 250bhp supercharged vx220 in the garage :)

Cant really afford to mod it, could consider FRSU and sometimes I want more noise but I'm happy with it as it is for now. I do a lot of miles (18,000 a year) so petrol consumption plays a part. It needs a respray on the bonnet as its chipped all over!

Attachments

• IMAG0588.jpg
    IMAG0588.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0586.jpg
    IMAG0586.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0583.jpg
    IMAG0583.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0582.jpg
    IMAG0582.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0581.jpg
    IMAG0581.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0579.jpg
    IMAG0579.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 31
Looks spot on.

Stone chips, the scourge of the FN2 owner!

Welcome, the front end on mine looks like it's been sandblasted.....one of those things you learn to accept!

Welcome, I'm in Ixworth, so you'll prob see me about from time to time. You'll know it's me by the Type R forum sticker and the 150e sticker above it.

Cheers guys. Want to try get some of that colour specific polish that is supposed to fill swirl marks, might hide em a bit?

Ah, I don't see many round bury! @105 where do you get yours serviced etc?

I work for Caterham, so i get it serviced at work. I'm really against servicing in general. The last two cars i've had serviced have broken with in 2 weeks of having them done. I think cars like to get them selves bedded in and comfortable, and as soon as you start messing with them they dont like it. I dont inteand on selling my car, so having FSH aint a big deal to me.

However, I find john banks in bury really good. They do my MOT's and if you get it done on a Friday, they let you have a Honda Jazz to scream around for the weekend. They also have the personal touch in there. Always remember my name, and they always want to talk to me about F1 when i go in. (havnt the heart to tell him, that just cause i work in the industry, i dont actully like F1 that much. I prefer oval racing)

Yeah I use John Banks for my servicing. I was thinking more of general work that needs to be done on it as their labour rates are so excessive! I doubt Ill sell mine til it hits 100k either and even then Ill be hoping to keep it as a second/track car.

Sweet job by the way! :)

Once again genral work i get done at work, There are enough mechanics and engineers at work to sort stuf out. I just buy the parts and give them the key. It normally gets done in a day or two. But i done my own pads 3 weeks ago. That was a piece of p1ss when you have access to the correct tools.

Yeah, I did discs and pads about 6 weeks ago. Was easy work except the old discs off as they had seized good and proper! They had a few mm of play but there was some rust keeping it from coming off the hub! Cheers for the help mate.

Back