• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Next generation Civic

adamcivic said:
Anyone know when the next generation Civic is due to replace the current turd? :?

:roll: It's hardly a turd, mate.

The 'next-gen' Civic is already out, the 2.2l CDTI probably the pick of the bunch. Or were you referring to the next-gen Civic Type-R?

Yea it's been out quite a long time now, can't believe you haven't seen one :wink:

I am actually looking ahead, the one to replace the current 2006 spaceship model. Would be the 9th generation I think.

adamcivic said:
Anyone know when the next generation Civic is due to replace the current turd? :?

That's a bit rich coming from a 1-series driver :wink:

TBH I've just changed my company EP Type-S to a 1.8 ES and it's miles better in every area except for top-end power (well the engine is 200cc smaller) and ride, which is fair enough considering it's on 17'' wheels with low profile tyres whilst the Type-S had 15'' rims and comedy balloon tyres!

I predict the next generation will be:
Weigh 2000KG
carry 6 people
200PS with a revised ECU ( it will give you the same 0-60 but you need to change gear 6 times)
No LSD or HID's
factory fitted neons
Heated seats.
Heated front screen
22'' wheels
built in TV DVD, Ipod
Come in Black red Grey or Silver
MPV bodywork
and it will run on cow dung

Tony N said:
adamcivic said:

That's a bit rich coming from a 1-series driver :wink:

TBH I've just changed my company EP Type-S to a 1.8 ES and it's miles better in every area except for top-end power (well the engine is 200cc smaller) and ride, which is fair enough considering it's on 17'' wheels with low profile tyres whilst the Type-S had 15'' rims and comedy balloon tyres!

Have you ever even driven a 1 series?

The new Civic is a love or hate thing, I have previously had 5 Civics spanning 3 generations - so I was a bit of a Civic nut. Despite driving many new Civics and trying to love it - I hate it with a passion!

How so? I suspect i might buy a current shape Civic at some point, if fuel costs go through the roof and i need better economy than the almost 30mpg the ATR does. What did you like/dislike about it?

Marge

Tend to agree with Tony I am afraid.....

It may be a turd, but compared to the 1 series......... :roll:

I think many people will change their minds on the new civic once they have seen the new CTR in the flesh.

MUXY said:
I think many people will change their minds on the new civic once they have seen the new CTR in the flesh.

Only if its white! :D

Having seen it in white, there is simply no other colour! I still think the EP3 looks better.

Shame the alloys from the concept was not brought forward to production, really like them a lot.

Any idea if they will be available to buy?

why are people giving this guy the time of day? yes i have driven a 1 series, my mate works for BMW, and they handlelike they look A TENNIS SHOE, i think his signature goes a long way to describing him. tipical BMW owner, think that God gave them the grace to own the road, when all they are is jumped up TAXI'S, been to Birmingham lately mate? :twisted:

A little unfair there fella, the 1-series may look naff but are you comparing like for like? To be fair, the CTR was designed with the track in mind, so you should really be comparing the CTR to something similar in the 1-series, probably the 130i???

I've driven many beamers before and my personal opinion is that they generally handle very well - bearing in mind they are not generally track-oriented. Being the only current FR hatchback around, it has a lot of potential. :wink:

newyorkaddict said:
why are people giving this guy the time of day? yes i have driven a 1 series, my mate works for BMW, and they handlelike they look A TENNIS SHOE, i think his signature goes a long way to describing him. tipical BMW owner, think that God gave them the grace to own the road, when all they are is jumped up TAXI'S, been to Birmingham lately mate? :twisted:

For the same reason you are given the time of day - because everyone is entitled to have a say and express themselves. :wink:

Remember, everyone is entitled to express an opinion and, as long as that opinion is within the boundaries of decency then it is acceptable here on TRO.

tend to agree^^^^

whilst I think the BMW is a bit of a turd....adam is still a valued member or TRO. :wink:

:x I wasn't having a go, but if the guy comes onto here then he shouldn't go picking on the cars that this forum is dedicated to. sorry if i offended :!:

newyorkaddict said:
:x I wasn't having a go, but if the guy comes onto here then he shouldn't go picking on the cars that this forum is dedicated to. sorry if i offended :!:

But then he used to have a CTR so he's more than entitled to voice his opinion. Whereas you've been on here a week :lol:

Back