• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB Civic Type R Ep3 from Portugal!

Hello all!::)

I´ve been on TRO forum for a while but never presented my car..:evil:
SInce 2003 I own a Citroen Saxo Cup (VTS in UK) that was my first car, and now after 10 years still a awesome car for me.. that I really want to keep!
But in 2009 I started to interest myself on Honda CTR.. I almost bought one from 2005 but I couldn´t sell my Saxo...and then I gave up..but in 03/2012 an opportunity came and I bought a facelift from 12/2003..The car is a facelift but was registered on 29/12/2003!:evil:
I can say was a good deal for me, although the small things that car had!
Full HOnda service history, only 1 owner and always standart, the only things were:

-S2000 start button
-6000k HID

Now after almost 2 years car is almost the same visually, apart of the:

-30th anniversary / premier edition privacy glass

But on the other side mechanically I´ve been workin to keep the car like new!
Since I bought the car I´ve changed:

-Honda oem Clutch( From COX HONDA)
-Honda Chain, tensioner, guides( From TEGIWA)
-Honda Oil pump chain and guides
-Honda knock Sensor( old one was broke)
-Honda oem Water pump, all pullyes and belt
-Motor oil Shell Helix Ultra 5w40
-HondaTransmission Fluid MTF 3
-Honda Coolant
-2 Bridgestone RE050A tyres (car came with 2 new tyres)
-Honda Fuel, AIR filters
-Honda Intake hose
-Valve Clearence

And a few more things that I don´t remember exactly now..:p

But the really important things are the pictures..I´ll start the day that previous owner left the car to me!
27032012087.jpg

Then after the first wash and the folow days..
31032012093.jpg

31032012092.jpg

30032012091.jpg

05082012235.jpg

17042012125.jpg

y3du.jpg

gwts.jpg

d2ag.jpg

vwf7.jpg

fv1c.jpg

8gxs.jpg

0gu6.jpg

y2no.jpg

eeka.jpg

01jf.jpg

ie46.jpg

And finally at dyno! At some point the previous owner decided to test the car on dyno and take the follow picture:
ew43.jpg

The result was this:
0mnf.jpg

I´m waiting for a opportunity to test the car now after 10 years of age!:)

And that´s it, for now..hope you enjoy to see another standart EP3!:p
Sorry for my English I´ve tryed my best!;)
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean car mate, nice.
Euro plates look much better on the rear, unlike the daft yellow plates we have to use!

Clean car mate, nice.
Euro plates look much better on the rear, unlike the daft yellow plates we have to use!

Thanks mate!:)

Here in Portugal this plates are the only that the law allows you to use..with 3 colors, blue/white/yellow..but you can buy ones only white with black letters that looks much nicier..but they aren´t police "friend"..:p

Look in this ex- car of my mate:
cfeo.jpg

Cheers!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah see the number plate is different now haha just looked at the video he was going some want he you should put the jap style plates on your car I think they make the car stand out a bit more

This is a tidy ep you done much to it recently?

Thanks mate!;)

Unfortunately no...I´ve been working hard in this christmas time..and I´ve no time for the car..:( only have changed the PCV valve..
At the moment car is with a problem that I don´t know what it is..a whining noise that is driving me crazy..and it needs a new set of mats.. I´ve to go to a dealer make an order!:)

Thanks mate..is a stupid noise that I have no idea what is.. I´ve already change everything..from timing chain and all related to water pump, small pulleys..just miss crank pulley..:(

In your case, I would chose to change the auto tensioner pulley to..from tegiwa isn´t so much money and is a easy work!;)

Back