• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

Just had a quick read through the thread, car looks really smart chap!

Seems a right pain in the backside with that induction kit though but if you've got it all sorted, all good :D

What's the B pipe though and what does that do? *lol*

Cheers buddy! ha yeah all sorted now which is all good! And its the centre section which goes from the Cat to the back box..

I got it all done and fitted I was going to take pictures of it all being done but went and got food and by the time I had got back he had already made it and fitted ha!

Cheers buddy! ha yeah all sorted now which is all good! And its the centre section which goes from the Cat to the back box..

I got it all done and fitted I was going to take pictures of it all being done but went and got food and by the time I had got back he had already made it and fitted ha!

Nice quick job, best way :D

Notice any difference with the car now the pipe's been fitted?

My one's got the Spoon N1 on the back with a custom exhaust made by some place in Cardiff done by the previous owner hence was a bit confuzzled with the B pipe as would be different i assume *lol*

So after getting my B-pipe all fitted, I booted it and to be honest wasn't happy with the sound of it from inside the car, but you can't really hear it from the inside because the Teg M is so overpowering...I wanted to hear it from the outside to see if that would put a smile on my face...And oh my has it :D:D:D!!!

Anyway here are 2 short clips taken from my iPhone for you to have a listen too...Only Mods on the car at the moment are the TEG M and Custom unsilenced 2.25" B-Pipe!

Be good to hear what you guys think so any feedback would be appreciated!

Sounds good, nice little raspy note :D you say you don't like the sound from inside? It is too loud?

Never had mine bouncing off the limiter like that though lol

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *B-Pipe with Video*

+1, I think sounds pretty good, may have to pop down to the place in slough you went to!

Sounds good, nice little raspy note :D you say you don't like the sound from inside? It is too loud?

Never had mine bouncing off the limiter like that though lol

Ha, no it's not that I don't like the sound and na it's very quiet inside it's just not noticeable in the car!

And yeah man they are good down there can custom make it to any preference you want :)

so do you not like it because its too quiet???? I have similar setup, but intake>exhaust for me :D

so do you not like it because its too quiet???? I have similar setup, but intake>exhaust for me :D

Na, it's just I couldn't notice it that well when driving in car because of my intake, I like it nice and quiet on the inside and from the outside it sounds mean!

Yeah definitely makes you wonder why companies charge so much for the exact same thing...

Sadly because powerflow use the cheapest stainless steel they can find along with some of the worst welding my eyes have seen... Sorry to sound negative & i'm glad your happy with it but powerflow is the last "custom" exhaust builder I would be letting near my car

Sadly because powerflow use the cheapest stainless steel they can find along with some of the worst welding my eyes have seen... Sorry to sound negative & i'm glad your happy with it but powerflow is the last "custom" exhaust builder I would be letting near my car

Ha that's cool each to their own, tbh it comes with a lifetime guarantee so if there are problems it can get sorted its only a lil bit of piping so all cool!

Have you ever seen the welding from this exhaust builder? Your point is invalid about the welding just because its from powerflow doesnt mean the exhaust builder cant weld. This is 2nd person i actually know that has used powerflow and the 1st was a long while ago and he has had no problem with his welds.

Going by your Avatar/Name and your location. Your not far from powerflow so im guessing its just trader hate.

Regardless, lifetime warranty so for Hicky its a Win Win situation.
Cheers.

Was going to say i've never heard anything bad said about Powerflow in the past myself, especially with the lifetime warrenty. I used to have an ST200 Mondeo and a lot of the lads had Powerflow exhausts on them and loved it.... I had a Mongoose on mine though, so cannot comment myself ha!

Each to their own though as said :smt023

Have you ever seen the welding from this exhaust builder? Your point is invalid about the welding just because its from powerflow doesnt mean the exhaust builder cant weld. This is 2nd person i actually know that has used powerflow and the 1st was a long while ago and he has had no problem with his welds.

Going by your Avatar/Name and your location. Your not far from powerflow so im guessing its just trader hate.

Regardless, lifetime warranty so for Hicky its a Win Win situation.
Cheers.

My argument wasn't to sit and slate powerflow exhausts, it was to answer Hickys original comment -

Yeah definitely makes you wonder why companies charge so much for the exact same thing...

And the answer is simple, Its not the same thing, Having worked on countless Renault Sports over the past 5 years I have come across many exhaust fabricators some great.. some terrible.. I even took a Renault Sport 172 in part-exchange with a powerflow system on it which split on the hanger & on the silencer, Contacting powerflow to have the issue resolved they informed me the life time warranty is only valid to the original owner (less than 8 months old) And to top it off it was some of the worst welding I've set my eye's on!

Granted Matt, I can't speak for all Powerflow dealers as it is a franchise, But unfortunately there fellow dealers have destroyed any faith I would have in going there. Even if I wanted to sit and spread trader hate, why would it be against an exhaust fabricator, I don't build exhausts!

Hicky, On a serious note, not just to spread "trader hate" have you got any pictures of the welding/bends?

James

Not at the moment James, I'm going to jack it up soon so I can take some pictures so will get them up here soon..

Back