• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

Hello people,

I realise it's been a while but I decided to go back into education and try sort my life out haha, so basically funds have been going towards that recently.

Not much has really changed on the car, my girlfriends mum reversed into my car which worked out well for me because it meant I could get my 2 front wings and front bumper resprayed which saved me a few pennies as it was something I needed to do..

Anyway I've finally got round to lowering the civic, I ordered these sunday night:

They came tuesday morning which I was pleased about so I got straight on the phone to TGM and have it all booked in for Tuesday 5th Nov to have the FRSU done and also have front and rear camber adjusters installed. Can't wait!

Will have pictures to follow :)

Also forgot to say I got a a Pioneer Double Din headunit for my birthday! always wanted one for the EP3 as they look smart...

This is the state of my centre console when trying to fit it...not an easy job!

But once it was all out was a nice easy fit, ended up buying a new cage and facia from CarAudio and Security as they provide a kit that sits flush and looks neat..

Sorry for the bad quality pictures quickly snapped on my phone...

Only annoying part is the facia is a different colour to the console, but easily to spray up and change it!

Good additions there mate. The stereo looks cool. I've bought and fitted quite a few stereo facias, they're never quite right. Like you say, it's easy enough to whip it out and paint the lot to match.

You'll love the Eibachs, combined with frsu it's a big step up, or down.... or thingy, poor choice of words.

Also, is your girlfriend's mother available anytime soon? I need a front end respray too.

Good additions there mate. The stereo looks cool. I've bought and fitted quite a few stereo facias, they're never quite right. Like you say, it's easy enough to whip it out and paint the lot to match.

You'll love the Eibachs, combined with frsu it's a big step up, or down.... or thingy, poor choice of words.

Also, is your girlfriend's mother available anytime soon? I need a front end respray too.

Cheers buddy, yeah I'm well excited to have it all done been a long time coming!

Haha yeah she might be actually so will ask her and let you know ;)

Right had the car lowered on Eibach Sportlines and had the FRSU done and it has completely changed the car....I'm loving it at the moment, will get pictures up soon need to give it a clean first! Also people with this set up, do any of you have a thicker rear ARB and if so does it make a massive difference?

Hey should have really started this a while back, when I picked up the car but oh well I am going to do so now…

Anyway this is my Nighthawk Black Facelift Honda Civic Type R.

After previously owning a 106 Quicksilver with a GTi engine in, I wanted something more reliable and a nicer car to be in and obviously a little bit more power ;)

Picture013.jpg

I picked the car up in June and this is how it looked the day I picked it up…

IMG_0317.jpg

I picked the car up with 43,700 miles on it which I was chuffed about as I was looking for a low mileage one. As you can see it came with a carbon replica Mugen grill (at least that’s what I think it was) I wasn’t really a fan of it if I’m honest. It also has a HKS mushroom filter on, which makes a cool sound but it will be coming off very soon..

So straight away I wanted to find someone who was willing to do a swap for a standard Type R grill luckily a guy wanted a straight swap.

IMG_0325.jpg

The previous owner must have stuck the carbon grill on with sticky pads which was a pain to get off and unfortunately ripped a little bit of paint off, but personally I think the standard grill looks a lot cleaner.

Once that was off it was time to give it a good clean so I went down to Elite Car Care in Maidenhead and picked up a load of cleaning products and pressure washer.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

After a good 6 hour cleaning session and a good tidy up inside (sorry no pictures on interior as of yet) the car looked a bit more presentable.

IMG_0330.jpg

& for all you Instagram fans

IMG_0342.jpg

Next on my list was to give the car a good service once I had it in my possession, I booked it into JDmodified in Basingstoke who did a really good job, changed all the fluids for me and put new pads and discs on all round! It is now running perfectly and stopping very well.

Now I’m part of the Honda club, few mates of mine wanted me to come to JAE, at first I wasn’t too sure seeming as I had a standard car, but after a bit of persuading I decided to go and was a fantastic weekend, gave me loads of ideas.

So after another massively detailed clean here are a few shots from JAE..

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

& this I’m pretty chuffed about aswell, all that cleaning paid off!

IMG_0411.jpg

Once the service and JAE was out of the way I needed to get some new rubber, this took me a while to research into what tyres were good to get, I brought the car with Parada Spec 2’s on and personally they are terrible :p I used to run Uniroyal Rainsport 2’s on my 106 and asked a few people on here if they could recommend them and everyone said they were good on the Civic so I purchased 4 new Rainsport 2’s from Camskill..

IMG_0444.jpg

Great boot filler as well

IMG_0446.jpg

They are all fitted now so just wearing them in.

Cleaned the inside of my car today so here are some Interior pictures :)

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0348-1.jpg

That’s it for the time being, waiting to get paid again so I can start properly modding it, near future plans are:-

• Tegiwa Gruppe M Carbon Induction
  • Supersprint 2” Stainless Steel B-Pipe
  • 40-50mm Drop
  • Spray front bumper
  • Get wheels refurbished in a dark bronze colour

Anyway that’s it any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated, will keep the updates coming from now on! Cheers!

2nd picture of your car..........noticed you're in a deserted Swindon Designer Outlet Village car park !

So anyway with the weather being rubbish I couldn't be bothered to wait for nice weather to get some pics and show you all..

So these are just done on my front driveway :)

And here is a shot from the Fast Road Set Up done at TGM

I Apologise for how dirty the car is currently but with this weather really just cant be bothered to detail it!

let me know what you think!

Cheers

Looking good bud! Our cars are well on the way to becoming twins!

The rear arb is well worth doing, I've got a jdm on right now and it's a big step up. Actually, it made such a difference that I'm wishing that I'd bought an ever stiffer one just to see what it feels like.

Looking good bud! Our cars are well on the way to becoming twins!

The rear arb is well worth doing, I've got a jdm on right now and it's a big step up. Actually, it made such a difference that I'm wishing that I'd bought an ever stiffer one just to see what it feels like.

Thanks mate! yeah looking very similar!

Ah okay cool will look at getting one then!

Wanna do the brakes next...

Hi Guys, Decided to add a few more shots after the car had been lowered with a very detailed clean taking over 5 hours haha! Anyway here are more pictures...

And finally a snap of how low the B-Pipe is after having it lowered..

Cheers Guys

Back