• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB I want it swirl free

I want to get rid of light swirls, and also want to give the car a showroom look. Now I have no polisher so it will be a hand job :)..
Just want some advice on which would be the best product to use along with the wax's also, something that would be quite easy to apply every so often, I usually want to detail it every 2 months probably and wash every other week....

Sealants will hide the swirls but not remove them, doing any correction by hand will take a long time. Why not get somebody in to do it for you if you dont have a polisher?

NHB is a pain and impossible to keep swirl free even with a good washing technique.

I managed to remove the swirls from my Milano FN2 using Lake Country Polishing Pads, Poorboys Pro Polish 2 and alot of elbow grease! Stuff like Blackhole Glaze is good for filling in the swirls, but it only lasts a few weeks.

I managed to remove the swirls from my Milano FN2 using Lake Country Polishing Pads, Poorboys Pro Polish 2 and alot of elbow grease! Stuff like Blackhole Glaze is good for filling in the swirls, but it only lasts a few weeks.

Can another sealent be put over the poorboys blackhole with a wax on top to make it last longer?

I want to get rid of light swirls, and also want to give the car a showroom look. Now I have no polisher so it will be a hand job :)..
Just want some advice on which would be the best product to use along with the wax's also, something that would be quite easy to apply every so often, I usually want to detail it every 2 months probably and wash every other week....

Yes I'm after the best way to remove swirls -
so far I'm thinking..
1.Rinse 2.Wash (two Bucket method) 3.Clay bar 4.Super Resin Polish 5. Megs Ultimate compound/Ultra-cut compound(mild abrasive to remove swirls) 6.Ultra-deep Shine 7.Wax
...Thats just the car, then there the wheels :)

Have you considered getting a polisher? they are starting to get surprisingly cheap, and if you wash frequently, can become a good investment. I've recently used a Meguiar's G220, and was impressed

Yes its well worth getting a machine polisher as above iv got a megs g220 and with a bit of practice and the right products you can get some very good result.

I did my nhb ep3 r last week when i got it and got it to about 90% swirl free,youve got no chance of getting that by hand,as said earlier youll only fill and not remove them.

Back