• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

The company I'm using charge £150 for 2 wheels so I'm hoping they will do a good job.

The only good thing to come out of it is that I've used it as an excuse to get 4 decent tyres on the car. I know Chris was highly unimpressed with my 'prestivo' tyres in a previous post ;)

Really frustrated now. Just driven to the wheel place to have a chat and the quote of £150 now doesn't stand as the painter said to match OEM it takes 3 days so will cost £200. Not much help as the tyre company had already agreed up to £150 on that basis.

Getting to the point of just leaving the wheels as it's taking too much time and effort to find someone to do a proper job and it's probably going to end up costing me money.

Rant over.

Tell them it's their fault for quoting £150 and they should honour the price.

Agree with Chris. Definitely an error their side. Surely its common sense that if you want two wheels to match the other two, it'll be OEM?!

Stick with it mate, it'll bother you otherwise. At the end of the day, £50 to have pristine wheels isn't too bad, but certainly fight it first.

Although I am highly irritated about my damaged wheels I have decided to leave them as they are. It sounds crazy I know but I have already spent a considerable amount of time emailing, phoning and visiting wheel refurbish places only to be messed about.

I can't afford to take 3 days off work while my car is being repaired as it's my daily driver and I have got more important family matters to deal with at this time. So I have emailed the tyre company to say I appreciate them trying to resolve the issue but as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed.

As and when I have some spare time and cash I might get them refurbished or possibly buy some new wheels.

As I had 2 rear tyres fitted I have decided to get the fronts done to match. So by next week I will have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's all round. This time I will be taking photo's of my wheels before hand and will be keeping a close eye on the job.

Thanks to all for the advice given.

Can't you get a can of paint and touch up the damaged areas yourself, won't have to be perfect as it's not really on show but would stop it getting any worse?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's not a bad idea. Luckily it is the inside rim so it's worth a go. I will take the wheels off and clean them up and decide.

Exactly, will do the job at least until you have funds for a refurb or new wheels.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pleased to report that I had my front tyres changed today without the fitters damaging my wheels. Must say I am relieved after the balls up last time.

So got Goodyear tyres all round now instead of 1 Bridgestone & 3 ditchfinders.

Also got these:

I just need to sort out some rear camber arms, then my plan is to fit them myself and take them somewhere to sort the geometry.

Last edited by a moderator:
So following up the purchase of the Eibach front camber bolts, I have now purchased these Hardrace rear camber arms:

Hopefully I get chance to fit them soon. I think I am going to go to Dream Automotive in Watford to get the geometry done.

Just arrived at Northampton Motorsport for my camber arms and bolts to be fitted and geometry sorted.
8f4599530fe4555ce2056fb53c74d910.jpg

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

OK so I'm a total noob to all this so go easy on me.

I haven't got the before photo to hand but needless to say the settings were all over the place.

Below is the current setup as of today. Can someone explain exactly what settings I've ended up with as I'm getting in a flap with it!

Thanks in advance

7d2040b12030d7769bf05f8619bae2c1.jpg

Looks like a regular alignment to me.

The company are saying that 57 and 50 camber on the front is nearly 1 degree negative camber and rear camber is virtually spot on.

Front toe looks almost neutral and they are saying rear toe of 0.07 and 0.09 is 1mm toe in on each side.

I have had the camber arms and bolts fitted and the geometry done for a couple of weeks now. I think the geometry could have been done a bit better to be honest but even so I am very happy with how the car is handling.

To summarise what I have done so far in the 15 months I have owned it:

Interior - LED bulbs, refreshed door handles, removed window tints, fixed front speaker, replaced broken console bulbs, replaced pollen filters, fitted a new stereo fascia, new brake and clutch rubbers and fitted a coin holder

Exterior - New wipers, replaced front 'H' badge, replaced cracked plastic engine cover, new air filter, removed bonnet sound deadening and replaced centre caps.

I have also done an oil change, replaced all 4 tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2's, new front calipers, pads and brake lines, fitted a JDM rear arb, SuperPro bushes and Meyle HD droplinks, Eibach camber bolts, Hardrace camber arms and the geometry set up.

I need to have a think about what to do next on the car. I don't have a lot to spend on it at any one time so it's a very slow process.

You forgot to mention enjoying the car! :D
Ha ha. Yes I knew I'd forgotten something!

It's a cracking car and although I use it mainly for work I just enjoy driving it so much. It's a bit better than my last car, a 1 litre Corsa.

Currently doing a two stage correction on the paint so hopefully it will look very shiny when it's finished. Sorry for the poor phone picture.

6433052a873dbb72cf6ff29096cfc8dc.jpg

Nothing major but got a couple of bits the other day:

Fitted the new boot struts as I was fed up of hitting my head!

Also the rear Type R badge was looking rather tatty:

Taped up the edges so I knew where to place the new badge once the old one was off. I used dental floss to remove the badge and then tar and glue remover to get rid of the leftover residue. Then used a paint cleanser followed by polish to clean the area up before putting the new badge on.

Looks much better now.

Will be painting the brake hubs silver and the calipers red when I get some spare time.

Back