• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Nice touch.

I need to replace the H badge in my grill as it has a large stone chip in it!

I have been machine polishing my car in stages over the last 4 months or so and thought I would put a few photo's up now I have finally finished.

I used Chemical Guys pads, Green for the bodywork and White for the bumpers and side skirts with Sonax EX 04-06 polish. I then finished off using a black pad and Sonax Perfect Finish.

I washed the car this morning and used OCD Nebula wax to finish it off.

Thanks for looking.

So clean! Good work Nidge, it definitely shows that you've put the hours into it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks sweet! I really need to give mine a clean as I'm sure there's a shine under all the dirt!

Thanks guys. I'm really pleased with the outcome. Just got to keep it that way now.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Just a couple of engine bay bits arrived. Not sure how far I want to go with it so just want to see what they look like.

Also got a new civic rear badge as I replaced the Type R badge last month. Will do that once I get time to wash the car.

Only bugger was I snapped the air con bracket bolt on the left hand side. Just hope it doesn't rattle about until I get time to sort it out.

Also I'm not sure if all the rocker cover bolts can swapped over. They are either really tight and I don't want to risk breaking them or they are just a one piece bolt that doesn't undo!?

looks beautifull, I love these cars so much I own a 2007 (56) 18,000 miler in cosmic grey ;)
Thanks a lot. I'm very pleased with it. Yours must be mint with that many miles.

Think mine has done about 110000 now. I'm not entirely sure as I leave the display showing the temperature as I can't handle seeing the mileage increase

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I decided to paint the hubs and calipers as the red was very faded and the hubs were rusting and looked awful. I had also replaced the front calipers after they seized and the new ones were silver so all in all the brakes were looking rather tired and mismatched.

As it's my daily driver for speed and easiness I painted them using a brush in situ. I used Hammerite 'Smooth' Silver for the hubs and Red for the calipers.

Before painting I degreased them with a combination of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and Auto Finesse Verso. I then used a wire brush and sandpaper to get the areas ready for painting.

Not the neatest job in the world but I am pleased with the results.

Rear caliper before:

Rear caliper after:

Front caliper before:

And after:

Thanks for looking.

My Brembo discs have rusted the same way but it doesn't annoy me enough to paint them ..... yet.
Good job on yours though!

Thanks. I'm pleased with the results. The mismatched paint and rust was killing my OCD!

Even remembered to line the locking nuts up all the same with the tyre valve! Like to line up the centre caps too but the stupid things keep spinning round.

The car looks great fella, love all the detailing you've done. I too have a cosmic ep3 though not as mint as yours. For some odd reason a previous owner has painted the rear calipers yellow ! so will have to get on and paint them red. (The colour they should be). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My car is in the garage at the moment to have the vtc gear replaced as it's been rattling on cold starts.

The car looks great fella, love all the detailing you've done. I too have a cosmic ep3 though not as mint as yours. For some odd reason a previous owner has painted the rear calipers yellow ! so will have to get on and paint them red. (The colour they should be). :)

Thanks for the kind comments. I try to keep it looking good. I wasn't sure whether or not to paint them red or go for something different but pleased with the results.

Hope you get your car sorted soon.

Back