• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

Another update.................

Another update this time in the form of a used itg maxogen intake....as i was using a S2000 K&N before but i found the car to have a flat spot due to the heat soak i guess so went back to the original airbox for a week or so before deciding on which intake to go for. Only two interested me....

Tegiwa carbon intake..

itg Maxogen carbon..

They are both great intakes in different ways i opted for the itg because i wanted something almost oem to replace the original but to be as quiet as the original if that makes any sense.....

27140799619_24ed6b1d11_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0755 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

27140802909_51089c3bd4_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0759 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

27140804989_e66b1063fe_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0758 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

38881753882_45f83c0235_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0761 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
New tegiwa intake

Decided to get a new intake so this came last week from tegiwa... The ITG Maxogen was a great intake but just lacks any intake noise at all that being said it was my choice in the first place and thats what i wanted. Things have now changed Anyway decided on the tegiwa carbon intake my first impressions are it's awesome the best intake i have brought full stop ..sounds amazing on vtec and normal driving and has great throttle response compared to others i have had in the past...

Also had a new MOT which it sailed through.....

BOX FULL OF GOODIES

39257010885_7049eb7824_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0823 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

FILTER MADE UP

25284002937_05deff231f_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0825 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

INTAKE FITTED

40123387592_d5e2c414df_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0832 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

CARBON SCOOP

28375859869_bb9732d23f_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0830 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

yes i know ...but it works and to be fair fits well ....

I was always a bit freaked out by mine on the last civic because the top of the positive lead plastic bit was missing and the bonnet strut was sat right on top of it :(

It's a really tidy looking engine bay though, nice work.

Does the bonnet open okay with the intake scoop in place?

I was always a bit freaked out by mine on the last civic because the top of the positive lead plastic bit was missing and the bonnet strut was sat right on top of it :(

It's a really tidy looking engine bay though, nice work.

Does the bonnet open okay with the intake scoop in place?

yeah bonnet opens perfect not touching at all....that was one of my concerns too though....

Mini update

Not much of an update but i thought i'd post it anyway ...This time in the shape of a bit of ebay shopping i have managed to pick a complete fog light harness which is a bit of a result as i did not really fancy spending £400 on a fog light kit from honda .

All i need now is the fog lights themselves and the brackets to go with them.......................

39546039285_a6e06e9d87_z.jpg
[/url]thumbnail by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

25571135537_9e274ff821_z.jpg
[/url]thumbnail by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Interior wiring complete

Small update........................

Another small update this time in the shape of an annoying noise which i have had since i brought the car so decided to inspect the usual suspects found out the heat shield on the cat was already removed bonus ... The one on the manifold was in great condition so that just left the drive shaft heat shied. so out came the spanners to remove i can report it is a easy job and no more noise :D

39604422780_966e87857e_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0862 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also i can report ive got so fed up with the arch gap i have decided the car needs lowering this year.. So to that end i have just ordered a new set of eibach sportline lowering springs and front camber bolts. For the rear i have just ordered some DME rear camber arms and to finish a Jdm anti roll bar and drop links after i fit this little lot it will be going for a FRSU

Another small update......

Well...were do i start first of all i had a few boxes arrive with all the stuff i had ordered e.g eibach sportlines, eibach front camber bolts, DME rear camber arms and last of all a jdm anti roll bar and new drop links. Anyway decided to crack on and get the springs fitted everything was going fine until i tried to remove the rears which were seized solid (common issue). So to that end i will not be messing around with them anymore but a friendly garage will be. So today i have ordered two new rear lower shock bolts from Honda and also brought 2 new shocks so the rears will be done next week.

On a positive note my jdm anti roll bar is now fitted along with the DME rear camber arms. still need to fit the front camber bolts but will wait till next week until the rear shocks are done.

27130790457_41ee4a6020_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0851 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

41999950251_bee95f4b28_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0877 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

41999953591_082a97e03c_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0875 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

27130787667_d9d276c0e5_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0883 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Another small update.....

Well at last the rear new shocks and springs have been fitted along with some new lower shock bolts ...so the car went into the garage on Thursday the guys did a awesome job as always. Also had a new outer driveshaft boot fitted on the drivers side as that was looking a bit worse for ware only 2 hours work job done!. Also managed to fit my front camber bolts on Thursday just need a FRSU Done now . Going to leave the suspension to settle for a couple of days first

Shocks and springs look great now just need to clean and scub the rest of the suspension parts ... making me think... about some new lower control arms now.

28478580378_25e3b0d5dc_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0895 (1) by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

42303579322_c921fb2580_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0914 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also treated myself to some new pioneer speakers. As stock speaker go they are not bad but we like upgrades so I went with pioneer to go with my pioneer car play ...only put the rears in at the moment just waiting on the front adapters to arrive before a tackle the fronts.

42303579792_4ff277c8ce_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0912 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

42303580802_82a72c514b_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0917 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

28478586628_475eea65a5_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0919 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Another update.................

So have not updated the thread for a couple of months so i thought id better get something down anyway ....first of all i have removed and sold by tegiwa carbon intake that being said it looked good in the engine bay and it sounded great but to be honest i just got fed up of the noise it must be me getting old ....so i will not miss it goodbye.

So decided to do the hondata mod to the standard airbox which is now complete. The only thing i need to do is get a new larger intake hose. Also i decided to freshen up the injector rail and intake manifold ..So cleaned it up then gave it a lick of high temperature aluminium paint looks so much better than before.

The last job on the engine was to replace the pcv valve ..i'm only replacing because it still has the original one from the factory and lots of people are saying they should be replaced every 50K miles also they are not part of the service schedule ..i guess when it breaks fix it..

43112161674_15b26bbbd6_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_1091 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

43828651441_335fdcfedc_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_1090 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

43780949872_59def31c98_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_1085 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

43112164114_55168d2f73_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_1092 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

43828653891_3c209d14ee_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_1076 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last of all i decided to fit the front pioneer speakers i brought a while ago... So glad i did as my old speakers were all torn the sound quality from the new ones is great i now have pioneer speakers front and rear.

Mini update.....................

So this happened yesterday decided to get rid of the red brake calipers i painted last year for something a bit fresher this year...i was a bit stuck on which colour to go for but all i wanted was a almost stock caliper colour so went with graphite grey instead of black which for me was the right colour i should have painted the calipers in this colour the first time round . Anyway never mind its done now i still need to tidy up the stone guards and maybe give the brake-disc centres a lick of paint too..

Before

43027233145_8e5f256f5f_c.jpg
[/url]ep3 1 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

After

43027233635_93f1cae0a3_b.jpg
[/url]ep3 2 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looking good buddy, did you do any sound insulation while installing the speakers ? Makes a huge difference.

Looking good buddy, did you do any sound insulation while installing the speakers ? Makes a huge difference.

Sorry for the late reply I’ve just got back from holiday.

Thanks ....I did not use any dynomat for sound insulation . But now you have said that I might have to get some..

Back