• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nitrogen fill

Just curious but does anyone use nitrogen to fill tyres?

Been thinking about it but not sure if its worth it really as topping it up could be a pain

Just curious but does anyone use nitrogen to fill tyres?

Been thinking about it but not sure if its worth it really as topping it up could be a pain

It's only really worth doing if you're going to be doing a lot of track days. Otherwise you won't get the temperatures inside the wheel high enough to warrant it on normal road driving.

Just had this put in my fronts for free by the local tyre place as they kept me waiting, not really noticed anything yet but I'll report back in a few months when I've had chance to give them a hard time.

I have it in mine as the garage did it for free, not really noticed any difference although they don't need topping up much as the gasses don't leak as easily as oxygen and are supposed to stay at the same PSI as the temps shouldn't change the pressure as much IIRC real world I have never noticed a difference though

the reason they use nitrogen is because in compressed air there is moisture and tis escapes through the tyre wall but nitrogen cannot escape in the same way so (in theory) your tyres should not need pumping up

You need to extract all the air from the tyre before filling them with nitrogen to get the best results too.

:lol::lol::lol:

Good work hippy! You wouldn't believe how many med students we catch out with this one.

Ah, a test! :lol:

It's just common sense isn't it? They should be kicked out for getting that wrong!

Ah, a test! :lol:

It's just common sense isn't it? They should be kicked out for getting that wrong!

Most med students aren't smart (or at least have common sense), their parents have just got lots of money to send them to public school/med school

Another one is, "If you swallow a peanut, which lung is it more likely to go down?"

Most med students aren't smart (or at least have common snese), their parent's have just got lots of money to send them to public school/med school

Another one is, "If you swallow a peanut, which lung is it more likely to go down?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Back