• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 No change in engine for new Civic Type-R

Graham22 said:
Thats stupid, i would of thought it had to improve the powerr to compete with the VXR??? :?

erm yes the VXR has more power, but It wheel spins all of it away, so what is the point. The Focus RS had more power, but needed to limit it in the first two gears to get the power down.

Remember, and this is important. The Civic will be N/A, so a nice linear power curve, no sudden boost and huge amounts of torque to break traction, which is what most of the new cars seem to do. Fine if you are a Scooby or Evo owner and have Yon WD....but in a FWD car.......:D

Power is nothing without control, and that is one thing Honda know how to do. Use all the power effectivly.

Having said that all i want is the power of the CTR with the feel of a DC2 and I'd be happy......:D

It seems to me most folks are more worried about how big a power figure they can tell there mates thier car has, than what it can do with that power.

I hear the voice of reason G - sounds like a good package could well be on the way. 8)

Glad I bought the DC5 when I did, :D I think I would be waiting for the Type RR version before I even considered getting rid of the DC5. which in my opinion takes some beating. a few mods and 200whp, good looks, and excellent handling. 8)

On the good side, tuners can continue to concentrate on releasing more parts for K20 engine.

Trung said:
On the good side, tuners can continue to concentrate on releasing more parts for K20 engine.

Now THAT is a good point, well made :D

Honda maybe concentrating on delivering a more dynamic car this time rather than getting involved in the power race.

The new Focus ST could have easily had more power but I think Ford realised that anymore that what it's got now would just go to waste and instead concentrated on delivering an overall better experience in terms of handling than it's competitors.

Many magazine reviews seem to state it's the hot hatch of the moment.

Personally I think it's far too heavy, has a dinosaur of an engine and comes with the Ford seal of approval for build and reliability (which aint very good from what I know and see). They've already experienced a few problems with dodgy head gaskets and gearboxes :roll:

But hey that's a different story/rant whatever.

I think the new R or RR or whatever the hell it's gonna be will have a power increase but only around 10-15BHP at the most IMO.

Well I'm moving on anyway.

The press release still seems surprising but my next car will definitely not have an H on the front of it.

The same 200 PS engine as seen in the current car. Does not say whether it is going to be tuned for more power. Nor does it say it won't.

MilanoChris said:
The same 200 PS engine as seen in the current car. Does not say whether it is going to be tuned for more power. Nor does it say it won't.

Im guessing on the K20Z1 mate. What do you think? Would make sense.

CTR said:
MilanoChris said:

Something similar :wink:

cressie said:
A tuned version of the Accord 2.4 engine might be interesting!!.

Never going to happen as the engine can't handle higher piston speeds as what it already produces. The K20 series is more then capable.

CTR said:
MilanoChris said:

That wouldn't be the same 200 PS engine though would it.... because 200 PS is 200PS :wink:

If they have any sense they'll use the K20Z1 and lighten the car considerably, although I fear they might struggle to keep it as low weight as the current CTR as a standard 1.8 06 Civic is 1270kg....Shedding 70kg is possible, getting it down to 1100 or so, something that would make a difference, would be really tough especially once you add in the body rigidity improvements Type R's normally get (uprated ARB's, strut braces etc all add weight).

Can't say I'm too optimistic about what I'm hearing at present.

Although it does sound like like its gonna be a bit of a disappointment, but has any Type-R been a disappointment? Has Honda ever let us down? (well apart from not giving us the JDM cars :wink: )

To be honest, I'm keeping an open mind, Honda are so innovative that I think they will surprise us all with what they come up with. Honda are the largest engine manufacturer in the world and now that they are fully backing BAR in F1 again there is certainly no lack of knowledge.

Just sit tight folks... :D

R20190 said:
Although it does sound like like its gonna be a bit of a disappointment, but has any Type-R been a disappointment? Has Honda ever let us down? (well apart from not giving us the JDM cars :wink: )

To be honest, I'm keeping an open mind, Honda are so innovative that I think they will surprise us all with what they come up with. Honda are the largest engine manufacturer in the world and now that they are fully backing BAR in F1 again there is certainly no lack of knowledge.

Just sit tight folks... :D

=D> =D> =D>

I am agreeing with this. 8)

MilanoChris said:
cressie said:
A tuned version of the Accord 2.4 engine might be interesting!!.

Never going to happen as the engine can't handle higher piston speeds as what it already produces. The K20 series is more then capable.

Thats statment contains a few errors.....

In std bore and stroke, no the engine can't handle them sort of speeds.....

However, If the bore and stroke where change to say more a round number rather then a sqaure on. This would produce some interesting results :shock: :wink:

Andy

Back